Air Fryer Naan Pizza is a fast, easy and tasty way to make pizza at home. Learn how to make a scrumptious personal-size 5-ingredient naan bread pizza with an Indian bread in this fusion recipe. This air fryer pizza gets done in just Fifteen minutes.
Air fryer flatbread pizzas makes a terrific no knead pizza base. Add mini naan breads, pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, cheery tomatoes, fresh basil ribbons for toppings and devour !
This Margarita Naan Pizza is quicker and tastier than your take-out pizza. We also love our Pesto Naan Pizza.
This recipe makes quick lunch, snack or dinner that kids love and family friendly. This restaurant style mini pizza also is inexpensive to make at home using just 5 main ingredients.
Best Single Serve Pizza
Looking to make a scrumptious meal under 15 minutes? This air fryer naan pizza is perfect solution. You can make variety of different single serve pizzas with this recipe.
You can make a fun family dinner activity of Create your own pizza bar. Arrange variety of toppings, sauces and let everyone choose theirs. Instead of settling for a big family size pizza, this creative personal pizza will surely be a crowd pleaser. More choices- more options- happy family dinner time- it’s a Win Win guys !
I also make this pizza for game day and movie nights. This is our family favorite easy meal along with Easy Homemade Truffle Fries. Kids LOVE this pizza fries combo !
What is Naan Pizza ?
Naan is a puffy Indian flatbread. But it isn’t just for dipping in curry. It makes a great readymade base for pizzas. You can make infinite versions from the ancient Roman version to contemporary American pies. This Naan Bread Pizza is truly a game changer.
Since we are eliminating the lengthy process of making pizza dough, this recipe gets done in fraction of time. You will save time, money and efforts making this naan pizza at home instead of delivery.
We love simple kitchen hacks that save on efforts without sacrificing the taste. This easy air fryer pizza tops the list. Air fried with a crisp and chewy crust, naan pizza is easy, delicious and super versatile.
- Naan : Use store brought or homemade naan. You can use fresh or frozen naan. We love Trader Joe’s Garlic naan which is located in freezer section.
- Olive Oil : Organic Extra virgin olive oil is the best.
- Marinara Sauce : or any other pizza sauce of your choice. This homemade Instant Pot Tomato Sauce works beautifully in this recipe.
- Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes are best. You can also use fresh roma tomatoes
- Basil : Fresh basil leaves are preferred but you can also use dried.
- Seasoning: dried oregano or Italian seasoning, red pepper
- Cheese : I love Margarita pizza so I am using fresh mozzarella cheese. You can use other Italian pizza cheeses too.
- Substitutions : You can use other favorite pizza toppings including different veggies like red onion, olives or bell peppers, pineapple, sausage, chicken, pepperoni, ham or bacon .
See recipe card for exact quantities.
How to Make Air Fryer Naan Pizza
Cut Tomatoes and Mozzarella in slices. Cut Basil leaves in stripes or ribbons.
Place naan on the flat surface. Using a pastry brush, apply olive oil on the naan.
Spread Marinara sauce generously and evenly on oiled naan.
Arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves uniformly on the top. Sprinkle some herb mixture on the top.
Arrange single or two pieces of assembled pizza on the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 10 mins or until base is crispy.
Remove Promptly. Serve warm and enjoy !
If you are using frozen naan bread, thaw it first by keeping outside the fridge and bring it to room temperature before using.
Instead of just using plain naan, make it gourmet by adding some fresh minced garlic for extra flavor.
Naan: If you do not have naan easily available, you can use crusty bread, pita bread or tortillas to make pizza. Roti or paratha are also good options.
Sauce – Marinara sauce is our preferred choice but if it is unavailable you can use pizza sauce or red pasta sauce. Other options are bbq sauce or alfredo sauce. I also love Basil walnut pesto sauce on pizza.
Cheese : Instead of mozzarella, use the shredded cheese that you have available.
Storage and Reheating
I recommend you eat and enjoy this delicious naan pizza soon after you make it. The beauty of this recipe is it’s ability to make quick single serve pizza in 15 minutes.
If you must store leftovers, wrap them in parchment paper or aluminum foil. You can store the baked pizza in refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheat it in oven whenever to be eaten.
Store the fresh ingredients tomato, mozzarella, basil separately in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Naan can be stored in the freezer up to 6 months.
There are several types of naan like plain naan, garlic naan, whole wheat naan, onion naan, mint naan etc. You can select whichever you like. You can use whole wheat naan instead of one with refined flour to make this recipe whole grain.
Spicy – add chili pepper flakes to tomato sauce or use spicy pasta sauce.
Deluxe – You can use Burrata instead of mozzarella cheese.
Kid friendly – Use string cheese and make it stringy and cheesy.
You can find other cheese burst recipes on website such as Potato Poppers, stuffed mini peppers, and stuffed mushrooms.
Fusion Pizza Recipe
At ProfusionCurry Kitchen, we love to experiment with different cuisines, ingredients and cooking methods. One of our exciting fusions is this Naan Pizza. Here we are combining two of world’s best classic cuisines. Rich, flavorful and diverse Indian cuisine paired with simple, comforting and gourmet Italian cuisine.
Rich, doughy and flavorful naan is used as a base for pizza since it is very commonly found in Indian households. It’s topped with authentic Italian ingredients like olive oil, marinara sauce, basil, tomatoes and herbs. It is very convenient and quick to make and tastes delightful.
Similar to our other Fusion food ideas like Makhani Masala Pasta , Pav Bhaji Quesadillas, Paneer Tacos and Mango Mocktail , this Indian Naan Pizza recipe is sure to hit the spot !
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Zucchini Fritters
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Apple Pie Pastry
- Air Fryer Crispy Fingerling Potatoes
♥ Follow us on Pinterest and like our Facebook page. We love creating delicious, family favorite recipes from around the world. Come Join Us ! ♥
❤ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Star Rating and commenting below ! ❤
Yes you can. Place the assembled pizza on a trivet in Instant Pot steel insert.
Cover and secure the Instant Pot Air fryer lid. Air-fry for 10 mins at 350 degree Fahrenheit until base is crispy.
Prepare the naan with your favorite sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake it on central rack at 400 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and naan crust is crispy.
Naan Pizza in Air Fryer
- 2 naan
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella cheese or use 2 Mozzarella balls per 1 naan
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and red pepper flakes optional
Prepare Naan Pizza
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella in slices. Cut basil leaves in stripes or ribbons. Using a pastry brush, apply olive oil on the naan.
- Generously spread pizza sauce on the oiled naan. Arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves uniformly on the top. Season well with herb mixture.
How To air fry naan pizza
- Arrange single or two pieces of assembled pizza on air fryer basket. Air fry at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 10 mins or until base is crispy.
- Remove promptly. Serve warm and enjoy !
Leave a Reply