TikTok Toast is a fascinating new viral recipe of custard yogurt toast. Learn how easy it is to make this sweet custard toast in air fryer or oven. This easy yogurt toast recipe makes the best breakfast bites you’ve ever had!
Variety of different toppings can be added to this viral Tik-Tok recipe. Similar to Frozen Yogurt Bark, my family loves this popular recipe. Crusty bread, creamy custard spread and sweetened toppings take the ordinary toast into something magical.
Custard on toast may seem like a fancy French dessert, but it’s one of the easiest recipes to make at home. Try this recipe to add a little French flair to your breakfast or as a midnight snack.
Speaking of easy and satisfying breakfast, do check out Avocado Toast, Easy Homemade Granola, Tofu Scramble, Chocolate Chia Pudding as well as Keto Egg Bites and Vegan Banana Bread are all delicious and satisfying recipes.
Viral Tiktok Recipe
Yogurt Custard toasts are so trending on Instagram and TikTok. This is our take on that, as we are always eager to experiment and savor.
These custard toasts are a fun way to enjoy the flavors of rich and decadent custard with fresh fruit on a crispy bread toast. Say bye-bye to the same old boring toasts with jam or jelly and say Hello to these indulgent breakfast treats.
This recipe is delicious, healthy, and easy. All you need is just 5 basic pantry staple ingredients and we show you how to make this yogurt toast in the air fryer, oven as well as on the stove grill.
These Yogurt Toasts can be enjoyed for breakfast or anytime snack or even late night cravings. Apple Nachos, Almond Flour Mug Cake and Vegan Mocha Cookies are a few other recipe ideas for quick and satisfying sweet snacks besides this recipe.
These custard yogurt toasts are so easy to make yet so fancy looking that they will undoubtedly be a showstopper at your next tea party or book club meets. Similar to Air Fryer Mushroom Puffs, Sweet Coconut Pastry and Apple Pie Puff Pastry Bites, these gourmet looking air fryer yogurt toasts are delightful in every single bite.
We included them on the menu for the Easter Brunch and they were super hit with our guests. This recipe also is kid friendly and easy to make. So kids can help out in making them. How about surprising Mom on Mother’s Day Brunch with a heart shaped, Strawberry filled Custard Toast for breakfast ?
Why This Recipe Works
- It is quick and easy
- Trendy and eye-catching
- Needs just 5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes
- Inexpensive and low cost to make
- Healthy, wholesome and satisfying
Make tons of variations by switching it up using different fresh fruits, frozen fruits, dried fruits, nuts, raisins or dates. Our family favorites are strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas and chocolate chips.
Pears, grapes, mangoes or peaches are all good options too. Make this tiktok toast more interesting for the kids. Add their favorite and interesting toppings like chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, M&Ms or marshmallow fluffs.
Kids love different shapes of these toasts , so use different cookie cutters and make a variety of different shapes instead of just triangular or rectangular toasts.
Dusting some powdered sugar on top of the toasts takes them to next level of rich goodness.
Easy Dessert / Snack Recipe
Besides breakfast or brunch, you can also use these yogurt toasts for easy dessert or snack. Speaking of toasts, we love avocado toast and French Toast. Do check out our scrumptious Masala Toast Sandwich and Banana Peanut Butter Toast Sandwich. They are both excellent bread sandwiches for lunch.
- Bread: You can use whichever bread that is readily available. Whole wheat bread works well too. I prefer to use whole grain sliced bread for wholesomeness. I also love Brioche and sourdough toasts.
- Yogurt: You can use plain or flavored Greek Yogurt. If unavailable, you can also substitute with thick yogurt.
- Egg : Fresh, organic egg White or Brown.
- Maple syrup: For extra hint of sweet taste. You can also substitute with honey, agave nectar or sugar for sweetness.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Optional Toppings: Fresh or frozen fruits of your choice. I like mixed berries including strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Other fruits like apples, oranges and bananas also work well. A dusting of ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, cocoa powder or lemon zest adds nice earthy flavors.
- Additional Topping Ideas (optional): Choco chips, M&Ms, Sprinkles, Marshmallow fluffs, raisins, nuts, dates, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
Prepare Custard Mixture : In a mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, one egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract to prepare custard mixture.
Prepare The Toast : Arrange bread slices on parchment on a baking Tray OR Air fryer basket. With the back of a spoon, make an indentation in the bread.
Fill the indentation with prepared custard filling. Top it with fresh fruit slices or toppings of your choice.
Sprinkle with optional sprinkles.
Oven Baking : Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit in a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes until toast is crispy and custard is just set.
Air Fryer Option: Air fry at 350 °Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes. Check for doneness. Add extra 2 minutes if needed till custard is just set and toast is crunchy. You can also use Toaster Oven / Air Fryer Combination to make this recipe.
Stove Top Option: Warm up the griddle, grill pan or normal pan on medium high heat. Place the toasts on the griddle. Toast till toast is crunchy and custard is set.
Serve : Let it cool down slightly. Cut diagonally in triangles and Enjoy !
More Air Fryer Recipes
♥ Follow us on PINTEREST and like our FACEBOOK page. We love creating delicious and easy family friendly recipes from around the world. DO JOIN US ♥
We would love to hear your feedback!! Use the PIN button in the recipe card or image below to pin this recipe !
★ If you make this Tiktok Toast Recipe , do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
- 6 Bread Slices
- ½ cup yogurt Greek yogurt or Thick yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen fruits of your choice,
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ground cardamom or cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips, M&Ms, Sprinkles, Marshmallow fluffs, raisins, nuts, dates, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, mix yogurt, one egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Arrange bread slices on parchment paper on a baking Tray Or on the Air fryer basket. With the back of a spoon, make an indentation in the bread.
- Fill the indentation with prepared yogurt egg mixture. Top it with fresh fruit slices or toppings of your choice. Sprinkle with optional sprinkles.
Air Fryer Custard Toast
- Air fry at 350 ° Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes. Check for doneness. Add extra 2 minutes if needed till custard is just set and toast is crispy and golden.
Oven Baking Instructions
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit in a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes until toast is crispy and custard is just set.
Stove Top Grill Instructions
- Warm up the griddle, grill pan or normal pan on medium high heat. Place the toasts on the griddle. Toast till toast is crispy and custard is set.
- Let it cool down slightly. Cut diagonally in triangles and Enjoy !
- Make tons of variations by switching it up using different fresh fruits, frozen fruits, dried fruits, nuts or even chocolate chips, M&Ms, Marshmallows. Our family favorites are strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas and Chocolate chips. Raspberries, pears, grapes, mangoes or peaches are all good options too.
- Make it interesting for kids: Kids love different shapes of these toasts with interesting toppings like Choco chips, chocolate shavings or M&Ms, Marshmallow fluffs. So use cookie cutters and make a variety of different shapes instead of just triangular or rectangular toasts.
Leave a Reply