Healthy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is a perfect square meal in a bowl. Loaded with seasonal vegetables, kidney beans and pasta, it is hearty and comforting one pot dinner soup. Best part, it hardly requires any prep or hands-on intensive cooking.
There are dreaded days and nights of winter here in Chicago where you just want to curl up in bed or lounge by the fireplace. You also want a cozy, hearty, comforting bowl of soup to warm you inside out. I have the perfect recipe for such days.
Minestrone Soup is iconic Olive Garden Restaurant Soup. It also is so easy to make it at home. At a fraction of cost and with ingredients you can trust. So let’s call it Better Than Take Out or Dinner recipe. And you can adapt this recipe to be gluten-free, soy-free and vegan.
THE RECIPE CARD IS LOCATED RIGHT AT THE END. Amazon affiliate link disclosure is below as well. If you are looking to spice things up around your dinner time, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest and like our FACEBOOK page. We love creating delicious , plant based recipes from around the world. DO JOIN US !!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE USED IN MINESTRONE SOUP ?
- Assortment of colorful veggies like onions, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and spinach.
- Low Sodium Vegetable Broth: If you happen to have on hand, use vegetable stock. Otherwise water will also work.
- Kidney Beans : I use a can of kidney beans. You can use pre cooked kidney beans too. Also, any other beans like garbanzo or cannellini can be used as well.
- Garlic and Italian Seasoning : The aromatics that make this soup superbly delicious and flavorful. Don’t forget salt and pepper to round up the flavors.
- Pasta : You can use regular macaroni, shells, elbow pasta or Gluten-free pasta depending upon your dietary choices. Gluten free pasta tends to disintegrate in the broth if over cooked. So adjust the cooking time accordingly.
EASY SUBSTITUTIONS :
The vegetables used in this recipe can be easily adjusted to what’s in season and what’s in your refrigerator. You can substitute spinach with kale or chard or collard greens. Many times, I use frozen Italian Vegetable Blend to make this soup and it comes out just fine.
DUMP AND GO INSTANT POT RECIPE
Instant Pot Minestrone soup is one of the most delicious, thick and comforting soup out there. It’s also one of the easiest to make. Practically a “Dump and Go Recipe.”
PRO TIPS TO GET BEST TASTE
I have included detailed instructions in recipe card below on how to make this soup . Few things to consider when making this recipe.
1. Cooking this soup involves simmering the soup ingredients like veggies, beans, broth and seasonings. Since we also add pasta in it, pasta gets cooked in broth making it more flavorful. Cook time will vary based on which type of pasta you use.
2. Like most of the recipes, I prefer to sauté the onions, garlic and veggies before adding other ingredients and broth. You can skip this step and go straight to dump everything in and let it cook method. However, I do feel that spending a few minutes to sauté the onions, garlic and veggies brings out their flavors prominently.
3. If you are looking to make this recipe oil free, skip the oil and sauté in water instead.
4. This soup is a perfect meal prep option and freezes well. So you can easily double or triple the recipe. I love packing it for lunches. Pasta does get slightly mushy and soft. So keep it separately if you want it just al Dante.
A bright fresh green salad to make it perfect soup/ salad combination
Warm crusty bread ( regular or gluten free) garlic bread or garlic sticks ( nom nom)
On a busy weeknight, when you want nothing but a simple, easy and healthy meal – this Healthy Soup recipe becomes a best choice !! It’s a minimal prep, less than 15 minutes of actual cook time, made with readily available pantry ingredients, a single pot to clean and nutritious dense meal.
WHICH SIZE INSTANT POT TO CHOOSE ?
At PROFUSION CURRY kitchen, we sure love our Instant Pots. I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot Duo for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Pranjali uses InstantPot Lux 6 in 1. Check out our fabulously growing collection of Instant Pot Recipes on the blog!
OUR POPULAR INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- CREAMY GNOCCHI SOUP
- VEGETABLE BARLEY SOUP
- VEGAN SPLIT PEA SOUP
- WILD RICE PILAF
- STUFFED CABBAGE STEW
- HEALTHY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH STEW
WHAT MAKES THIS INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN MINISTRONE SOUP PERFECT ONE POT MEAL?
Loaded with goodness of veggies (vitamins and minerals and fiber), hearty beans ( excellent plant protein and fiber) and tomato broth (heart healthy lycopene and much more) and pasta (complex carb) , this one pot wonder is also low calorie. However it tastes incredible and is filling and hearty. Your family will love it !
All the delicious food that feels luxurious indulgence without spending a lot of money and precious time in the kitchen. Let’s do it folks !! Bon appetite!!
If you make this Healthy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup, do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. We would love to hear your feedback !! Use the PIN button to pin the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley and Italian cheese blend for garnish ( optional)
Turn on the Instant Pot to the high SAUTE setting. Add olive oil, garlic and onion, carrots and celery. Sweat them together until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in zucchini, kidney beans and pasta. Add Italian Seasoning and salt. Stir in tomato sauce and vegetable broth. Mix everything well. Cancel SAUTE.
Close the lid, valve in SEALING position. Select MANUAL setting; adjust pressure to HIGH , and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, InstantPot will beep. Wait on Keep Warm timer for 10 minutes and then release leftover pressure.
Carefully open the lid. Stir in chopped spinach. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and chopped parsley, if desired.
Make This Soup in the Slow Cooker:
Add all ingredients in the order listed. Cook on low heat for 7 hours or on high heat for 4 hours. Serve with the garnishes.
If you are looking to make this recipe oil free, skip the oil and saute in water instead.
If you use Glutenfree Pasta, cooking times will be less. General rule is use half the time mentioned on the box to cook the pasta.
Use dairy free vegan cheese or nutritional yeast for garnish to make it Vegan recipe.
Total cooking time involves the time InstantPot comes to presure and the time to release the presure after it's done cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 11g