Lentil Quinoa Soup makes a hearty, quick and easy dinner that the whole family will love. This healthy lentil soup is the best vegetable soup you can whip up in under 30 minutes. Instant Pot and stovetop instructions are also included.
This vegetarian Instant Pot Lentil soup is incredibly comforting and filling ! Added bonus is that this vegan lentil soup recipe is ‘dump and go one pot’ recipe. Simple ingredients and big flavors make it perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
THE RECIPE CARD IS LOCATED TOWARDS THE END. Amazon affiliate link disclosure is below as well. Before scrolling to the recipe card, do check the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post. Don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK , PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM.
I simply love this loaded bowl of healthy nutritious goodness. This is the best Lentil Vegetable Soup I make often. Since it’s so easy to make this soup, it almost happens weekly . After all, I feel its’ a perfect recipe that warms up the belly and heart without much of elbow grease – truly a superstar !!
This quinoa, veggies and other flavors packed soup is secretly healthy too. Loaded with complex carbs, high fiber, plant protein it’s soo good for you. Thanks to turmeric based curry powder seasoning, you got covered for antioxidant and detox elements as well.
You can make this lentil soup in electric pressure cooker like Instant Pot, or good ole slow cooker, or regular stove top.
You will love some extra goodies that this VEGETABLE LENTIL QUINOA DETOX SOUP offers
- gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy and soy free.
- It’s whole food plant based ( WFPB ) compliment since no oil is used.
- It’s versatile and delicious.
- It’s very hearty and filling, protein and fiber rich and tasty !!
- Truly a SUPERFOOD SOUP !!
LENTIL QUINOA DETOX SOUP INGREDIENTS
Simple pantry ingredients and spices make this soup so homely and affordable. These ingredients are
- Brown or green lentils
- Mirepoix Vegetables ( Carrots, Celery and Onion )
- Garlic – wards off all evils 🙂
- Vegetable Broth or water – your choice
- Smoked Red Paprika
- Curry Powder
- Turmeric Powder ( get those superfood nutrients instantly)
- Lemon juice
- Umami Seasoning Blend – optional but highly recommended. This mushroom based seasoning blend elevates the meaty savory flavors to any vegetarian dishes.
I am highlighting my favorite brands for spices and curry powder in case you are looking to buy them online. ( Amazon affiliate link but not sponsored). Also don’t sweat if you don’t have couple of ingredients. Mix and match rules the comfort cooking.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT LENTIL SOUP
This soup was made in a 6 quart Duo Instant Pot. If you have another model or size, the cook time will be the same. However, do not fill the inner pot more than two-thirds since the quinoa and lentils foam up during the cooking.
All you need to do is put all the ingredients in the instant pot and let the electric pressure cooker do it’s magic. Lentils cook to perfect tender softness, quinoa to it’s fluffy and lightness and all the veggies and seasoning lock in ultimate taste !
Now open the lid, smell the incredible aroma and dig in. Super easy-super simple-super delicious !!
Here are the useful tools that are used in making this soup:
This soup perfectly fits our ” Mindful Happy Living ” mantra. In this simple regimen, we make conscious effort to eat healthy, wholesome foods. No crash diets, no rigid elimination.
Instead, we focus on eating whole grains, lentils and beans, fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts. Keeping in mind the moderation and varieties, we create delicious recipes that focus on complete nutritional dense food that looks amazing and tastes heavenly
Here are few more popular and easy weeknight meal recipes. Let us know which one are your favorite?
- Easy Mushroom Risotto
- Chickpeas Coconut Curry
- Moroccan Sweet potato and lentil stew
- Vegan Lentil Chili
- Hearty Homemade Minestrone Soup
- Spaghetti Lentil Bolognese
How To Store Lentil Soup ?
This soup stores superbly. Since lentils and quinoa soaks up all the flavors, it tastes amazing next day. I store it in individual containers so it’s easy grab n go lunch.
One important thing to remember is this soup will thicken substantially if stored. So you will need to add more liquid or broth when you are reheating it.
Benefits Of Making Homemade Soup:
This soup is extremely affordable compare to store brought soups like Amy’s Lentil Soup or Trader Joe’s Lentil and Ancient Grains Soup. You can easily double the recipe and eat like champion.
All without sacrificing the taste and breaking the bank. I am all smiles when I can feed healthy wholesome meals for a family of 4 under 10$ and multiple times !!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LENTIL QUINOA VEGETABLE SOUP?
This lentil quinoa detox soup is a complete meal on its own so you wouldn’t usually need any other items. However, sometimes I do serve this soup with some crusty baguette or sourdough. Dunking the bread pieces in the soup and relishing is quiet satisfying I must say !!
We love creating delicious , plant based recipes from around the world. DO JOIN US !!
★ If you make this Lentil Quinoa Vegetable Soup Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
We would love to hear your feedback!! Use the PIN button in the recipe card or image below to pin this recipe. Cheers !!
Lentil Quinoa Soup - Instant Pot
- 1 cup dry brown or green lentils - washed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups water or broth - add more for thinner soup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Umami Seasoning Blend optional
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper to tast
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Close the lid. Switch the vent to "sealing". Choose MANUAL ( Pressure cook) mode, choose High Pressure and adjust the time to 6 minutes.
- It will take around 10 minutes to get up to pressure.
- When the InstantPot finishes cooking, wait on KEEP WARM timer for at least 5 minutes. Then move the valve to "venting". After the pressure is released, and pin is down, carefully open the lid.
- Give the soup a good stir. Adjust the seasoning. Squeeze a quater of lemon or stir in lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning. Add some fresh cracked black pepper on top and garnish with fresh herbs..And devour !!
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- Warm up the heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Add all the ingredients and cook on medium until lentils are soft (about 30 minutes). Do check and stir every 10 minutes so things don't burn on the bottom layer.
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- Put all ingredients in your slow cooker. Cover the pot. Set the timer for 6 hours on low setting and let it cook. Give it a good stir before serving.