Rice Noodles and Rainbow Veggie Stir-fry is an easy dinner that gets ready in 20 minutes. It makes a delicious, healthy, gluten free, soy free and vegan meal for weeknights!
If you love noodles, also try our Lo Mein Noodles and Chili Garlic Noodles besides these scrumptious Rice Noodles Recipe.
Easy Stir Fry
The rice noodles are tender, soft but not mushy – as we like to call them perfectly al dente. The colorful veggies are tender but crisp. And the savory seasoning- it is super delcious. And it gets ready so fast!
The tangy, bold, robust flavorful sauce… mmmm simply THE best. Make Restaurant style noodles with best quality ingredients at comfort of your home. Most of the ingredients are right in your pantry so no special grocery shopping trip is required.
This is one of those recipes where you definitely need to have everything chopped and ready to go before you start actually cooking. While noodles are waiting in hot water, stir fry the veggies and voila.
The delectable dinner in ready before you know it. Simple deliciousness done and dusted in 20 minutes tops.
If you have been following my recipes you must know how much I love colors on my platter. If you look around the blog, most recipes feature several colors of the rainbow.
Every color of the vegetable offers great and unique nutrients so it’s a great idea to incorporate as many colors as possible in your daily diet.
How to incorporate Rainbow Veggies in your meals?
I love to be creative with my food and this dish is good way to fill my plate with lots of colorful veggies with incredible flavors. I love making dinners with Colors of the Rainbow.
Beautiful food will make you look beautiful and feel beautiful too. Inside and outside -refreshed-youthful-happy-healthy!
I have used all seasonal veggies that were in my refrigerator. There are several other vegetables you can use to make it to your likings. Basically, you can call it as a fridge clean up Stir Fry Rice Noodles too.
This beautiful Chinese noodles stir fry recipe combines some of my favorite things
- Gluten free noodles
- Colorful Vegetables
- Some delicious and piquant flavors
- Vegan Ingredients
- Soy free Sauce
And it’s also the best because the leftovers are perfect for lunch for a few days after. Let’s make this beautiful delicious Stir Fry Rice Noodles, shall we?
Noodles : I use Stir fry rice noodles. These noodles don’t need much cooking.
Veggies : Broccoli florets, carrots, red cabbage as main vegetables. You can use any vegetables of your choice. Thinly slice the carrots and cabbage for even cooking.
Seasoning : Whisk together sesame oil, Liquid Coconut Amino , rice vinegar , onion salt or any other all purpose seasoning blend. Mix in ground black pepper, lemon juice, raw sugar and chili flakes ( adjust per taste)
Garnish : Lime wedges, chopped green onions and cilantro
How To Make Noodles and Veggies Stir Fry
In a large stock pot, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Immerse rice noodles in water and turn off the heat. Let stand for 8-10 minutes. Drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water and keep aside.
In the meantime, prep the veggies. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok or pan. Add minced garlic and let it sizzle for a minute. Add carrots and broccoli and stir fry them.
Add red cabbage* ( see note) and cooked noodles. Stir fry everything for 3-4 minutes on high heat. Turn the heat off and mix the veggies and rice noodles together.
Whisk all ingredients under seasoning with 1 tbsp. of oil. Pour this marinade over noodles and veggies. Toss everything nicely so the seasoning coats the noodles and veggies well.
Garnish with green onions, lime wedges and cilantro. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe Notes and Pro Tips
- We prefer to use Coconut Amino Sauce as healthy replacement for soy sauce. But you can use either based on preferences.
- Red cabbage wilts quickly and bleeds it’s color when heated. It looks light pink when cooked. So if you like it’s original color, just toss it in very last and turn the heat off.
This stir fry is a meal enough of itself. You can serve it warm or cold. So it is also good for school and office lunches.
For elaborate meals, start off with Chili Garlic Edamame or Grilled Shishito Pepper Appetizer. You can add Spicy Green Beans or Chinese Spicy Eggplant as a side to complement the meal.
Some Easy Asian Dinner Ideas
- Kung Pao Tofu
- Thai Pumpkin Peanut Curry
- Thai Zucchini Noodles
- Hibachi style fried rice
- Vegan Thai Red Curry
Don’t forget to take pictures when you make our delicious recipes. Tag us with #profusioncurry on Instagram ! We would love to feature your creation.
Join us on Pinterest and FACEBOOK . You will love all our delicious, wholesome, vegetarian recipes from around the world.
★ If you make Rice Noodles and Rainbow Veggie Stir-Fry do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Rice Noodles and Rainbow Veggie Stir Fry
Noodles and Veggies
- [1 packet stir fry rice noodles]
- [1 Tablespoon sesame oil]
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- [3 cloves of garlic- minced]
- Lime wedges cilantro and green onions for garnish
For Seasoning / Marinade
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- [¼ cup Liquid Coconut Amino * see note]
- [1 tablespoon rice vinegar]
- [1 teaspoon onion salt or any other all purpose seasoning blend]
- [½ teaspoon ground black pepper]
- [1 teaspoon raw sugar ]
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce- adjust per taste
- [1 tablespoon lemon juice]
- In a large stock pot, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Immerse rice noodles in water and turn off the heat. Let stand for 8-10 minutes. Drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water and keep aside.
- In the meantime, prep the veggies.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok or pan. Add minced garlic and let it sizzle for a minute. Add carrots and broccoli and stir fry them.
- Add red cabbage* ( see note) and cooked noodles. Stir fry everything for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Whisk all ingredients under seasoning. Pour this seasoning marinade over noodles and veggies. Toss everything nicely so the seasoning coats the noodles and veggies well. Turn the heat off.
- Serve warm. Garnish with green onions, lime wedges and cilantro. Enjoy !
Mrs Mrunal Joshi
Love ur cuisine n presentation
Rice noodles with rainbow stir fry veggies looks fantabulous.Such a healthy and tempting recipe.I can polish of this plate so easily.
Amazing recipe with so many veggies!! Bookmarking the recipe to try soon. Fabulous share….
The rice noodles stir fry sounds so flavorful and loaded with healthy goodness of veggies .. awesome share !
What lovely and delicious looking noodles. I have never tried rice noodles; I guess it’s time now to try them out following your promising recipe. Thanks for the share!!
Awesome recipe. I do make it with vermicelli but never tried with rice noodles. Can’t wait to try.
This looks so easy to make. I would love to try it. I generally never cook red cabbage though…
Delicious noodles.. we have them at least once a week. Lovely clicks and presentation.
By adding rainbow colour veggies to this high carb noodles, you’ve made this dish well-balanced. Such a treat for young kids and adults.
Sasmita Sahoo Samanta
Ahaaaa, among all variety of noodles, rice noodle are my most fav ones.. Yours making me drooling here right now 🙂 SO yummilicious !!!!
such yummy vegetable pasta is a treat for taste buds. Love the way noodles cooked properly, veggies shows their crunchiness. A perfect recipe for lunch or dinner
Super tempting and delicious dish presented so beautifully!!! Love all the colors and flavors in the whole dish!!!
I am in love with the veggies on your plate. As for rice noodles, I use the local ones and we love them. Will try making your way next time sounds yummy.