Vegetable Fried Rice is full of flavors and super easy to make. Skip the takeout and make this delicious Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice in less than 30 minutes.
This Benihana restaurant style Hibachi fried rice is spiced to perfection. It tastes absolute BEST ! Making it at home is easy and quick. You can also make it to your liking.
Fried Rice is our family favorite. It also is my go to recipe to use all leftovers – veggies and jasmine rice. My family loves this ultra flavorful and satisfying dinner.
BEST FRIED RICE RECIPE
You will love this recipe is easy to make and taste scrumptious. It is versatile and perfect for quick 20 minutes dinner. It makes savory and satisfying Asian Fried Rice that every one loves. I am including Instant Pot and Stove top instructions to make Vegetable Fried Rice.
HIBACHI STYLE FRIED RICE
My family enjoys Japanese hibachi grill dinner every so often. We love the kitchen skills and fun show those skilled chefs put out. And I crave that delicious and aromatic fried rice those chefs whip up in front you.
I love that Seasoned flavorful rice so much that I wanted to recreate the recipe at home. After all, we need this zesty and spicy rice to make weeknight dinners interesting.
This vegetarian fried rice also is gluten-free and vegan. It’s always a hit with kids and adults alike.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS : Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice
So put your chef hat on. Gather all the ingredients. And let’s get cooking.
WHY USE COLD PRE-MADE RICE TO MAKE FRIED RICE?
With cold rice, the grains are all separated and firm, and you’ll get a better texture. Freshly cooked rice has lot more moisture so it tends to get soft and mushy. Fried rice should be bit dry and crispy.
Freshly made rice also tends to gulp up and sticky. So to make perfectly textured and best restaurant type fried rice, cook rice ahead of time and let it cool for few hours.
WHAT IS THE BEST RICE TO MAKE FRIED RICE?
You should use Jasmine or short grain rice. That is how it is made in the restaurants. Make sure to rinse it for about a minute. It helps rice get less sticky.
- Rice and Veggies – The base of the recipe is Rice and veggies. I am using Jasmine rice and frozen veggie mix.
- The Flavor Makers – Minced garlic and ginger gives classic Asian flair to this rice and so does Sesame oil. Usual suspects include soy sauce and rice vinegar. Adding hoisin sauce helps with darker color and more intense flavors.
- Garnishes – Lime juice, sesame seeds sriracha ( chili sauce) and green onions are used as garnish which brings freshness, toasty crunch and perfect savory flavor.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
- You start off by making rice. Fried rice works best with cold rice.
- The next step is to make seasoned veggies. I am using frozen pack of carrots, peas and corn along with cut onion and celery.
- You sauté these veggies with the delicious sauce mixture. The bold and beautiful flavors all happen here!
- If you are using eggs, you can mix it with veggies and make it like a scramble.
- Finally, we mix in cooked white rice, toasted sesame seeds and cut green onions. Cook until everything is coated in sauce.
- A drizzle of sriracha on the top and your culinary masterpiece is ready !!
- If you want to use eggs – Make a scramble egg separatly and mix it in along with veggies.
FRIED RICE VARIATIONS
Fried rice is wholesome and full of nutrients and protein. You can add tofu or edmame beans for more hearty meal. Or use your favorite protein like chicken, eggs or shrimp for a simple but satisfying lunch or dinner.
I am using Jasmine rice for authentic texture and stickiness. However, you can make the same recipe with any leftover cooked rice or grains including brown rice or cauliflower rice.
Same goes for veggies used. Use up any leftover veggies in the fridge. Bok choy, eggplant, green beans, bell peppers all are great choices.
BETTER THAN TAKE OUT
This recipe makes fried rice better than Chinese take out. We are using all clean eating ingredients. You can choose your favorite veggies and protein per your liking. It is quick and easy to make. All in all, you will love making this rice often and enjoy it better than carry out.
LEFTOVERS AND MEAL PREP OPTIONS
You’ll be so glad you found this quick dinner recipe to add to your rotation! This InstantPot Vegan Fried Rice is one of those recipes that tastes great as a leftover too. Flavors mend in longer resulting in even more delicious rice.
So make a big batch and use it for school or office lunches. You might want to sprinkle some water before reheating. I like to store it in individual glass containers for easy grab and run lunches. Typically I add a side of Chili Garlic Edamame to make it Bento Box Lunch!
HERE ARE OUR POPULAR INSTANT POT RICE RECIPES:
- Turmeric Lemon Rice
- Curry Fried Rice
- Vegan Enchilada Rice
- Tawa Pulao
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Wild Rice Pilaf
★ If you make this Instant Pot Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, Tamari or Liquid Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce - for darker color
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch gignger root minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 rib of celery cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup each carrots, peas and corn - I used forzen mixture
- 1 lime juiced - optional
- salt and pepper - per taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped - for garnish
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
To make rice :
Add rice and water in the steel insert. Close the lid. Valve at SEALING. Choose MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK for 3 minutes.
When your pressure cooker beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Once the silver pin drops, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Remove the rice from the InstantPot.
To make the veggies : Press the SAUTE button and allow the metal liner to get HOT. Add the oil, swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan, and add the veggies. Sprinkle some salt.
Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently until veggies are softened. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add the cooked rice. Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce and mix gently until everything is thoroughly combined and warmed through, 3-4 minutes. Cancel SAUTE.
Adjust the seasonings as needed. Sprinkle sesame seeds, green onions and squeeze some lime juice over the top of the rice mixture, then serve warm.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
Wash and rinse Jasmine rice until the water is clear and no longer cloudy. Use 1:1.25 rice to water ratio and cook rice until fork tender.
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan, along with the onion and other veggies. Sprinkle some salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until veggies are softened.
Add the ginger, garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the cooked rice to the pan. Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce and mix gently until everything is thoroughly combined and warmed through, 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle sesame seeds, green onions and squeeze some lime juice over the top of the rice mixture, then serve warm.
Since a I get a lot of questions about how to add eggs to this recipe : Cook 2 eggs scramble style separately in the sauce pan. Break them into small pieces and Mix them in with veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g