Chipotle Restaurant Style Cilantro Lime Brown Rice is very easy to make it at home. Use your electric pressure cooker like Instant Pot to make this ultra flavorful rice in no time. You can use this rice as a filling for multitude of entrees and dishes.
Aromatic cilantro, fresh lime juice, garlic and cracked black pepper bring out the explosive flavors to the earthy brown-rice. End result is refreshingly yummy Cilantro Lime Brown Rice!! This Mexican-inspired recipe couldn’t be any easier and tastier.
Delicious brown rice is cooked to perfection in InstantPot. Adding fresh cilantro, lime and spices creates a tasty magic. This is the best cilantro lime brown rice and turns out perfect every single time.
You Would Love How Versatile This Rice Is :
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice gives so many options to jazz up simple meals. It is the perfect side dish for burritos, nachos, tacos or salad base. Check some of our popular Mexican Inspired Meal Ideas here.
Since we are gluten limited home, I often use this rice as a side dish to many Indian curries. With very little efforts, it kicks things up another notch. Check out some delectable Indian Food Recipes here.
We were Chipotle restaurant lovers for years. Their cilantro lime rice was a star attraction in those stuffed entrees. You can now make a huge batch of cilantro-lime rice yourself without leaving your house. It’s super easy, you’ll love it!
White Or Brown Rice?
You can use either kind of rice for this recipe – white or brown. Your choice based on taste preference. I have been using brown rice a lot. It makes for healthier meals than white rice. And if you are new to brown rice, try this recipe. You will love the refreshing flavors of this brown rice.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 cups water
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
2 cloves garlic; minced
Salt per taste
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CILANTRO LIME BROWN RICE?
Wash, rinse the rice grains in water. Drain the excess water. In main insert of InstantPot, add the rice. Add 1.5 cup water and pinch of salt. Close the lid. Vent in sealing position. Select manual 20 mins. After Instant Pot beeps when done, wait for 10 minutes and then release the pressure.
While the rice is cooking, chop the cilantro and juice the lime. Whisk the oil, minced garlic, chopped cilantro , salt , cracked black pepper and lime juice well to make a marinade.
Once the rice is done and while it is still warm, drizzle the cilantro lime marinade over it. Fluff it with a fork until the cilantro is equally distributed.
Taste the rice and add more salt and seasoning if needed. Enjoy your homemade Cilantro Lime Brown Rice.
I want to share one cooking tip for cilantro use. The cilantro stems are just as flavorful, if not more than the leaves. Don’t discard the stems. You can even use them for flavoring broth and making chutney. I often use lots of cilantro stems along with cilantro leaves.
Brown rice freezes well and can be reheated easily. To optimize the use the InstantPot real estate, I always make pot in pot brown rice while cooking beans. If not using right away, I let it cool down and freeze it . Comes in handy for time crunched quick meals. Perfect textured brown rice cooks well since beans take longer time. You will also love the energy savings, efforts savings and cost savings.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR POPULAR INSTANT POT RECIPES
- INSTANT POT STEAMED BEETS
- VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- VEGETABLE LO MEIN NOODLES
- HIBACHI FRIED RICE
- CLASSIC TAPIOCA PUDDING
- APPLE PIE OATMEAL
- APPLE BUTTER SAUCE
- INSTANT POT ZUCCHINI BREAD
- VEGAN RICE PUDDING
We would love to hear your feedback . Do let us know how you like this post by leaving a comment and rating it so other readers know it too. And while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #PROFUSIONCURRY on Instagram! We love seeing what you come up with. Cheers, friends !!
★ If you make this INSTANT POT CILANTRO LIME BROWN RICE RECIPE do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- Salt and black pepper per taste
- Wash and rinse the dry rice grains in water. Drain excess water. In main insert of Instant Pot, add the rice, add 1.5 cup water and pinch of salt. Close the lid. Vent in sealing position. Select manual 20 mins.
- After Instant Pot is done, wait for 10 minutes and then release the pressure.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the cilantro and juice the limes. Whisk the oil, minced garlic, chopped cilantro , salt , cracked black pepper and lime juice well to make a marinade.
- Once the rice is done and while it is still warm, drizzle the cilantro lime marinade over it. Fluff it with a fork until the cilantro is equally distributed.
- Taste the rice and add more salt and seasoning if needed. Enjoy your homemade cilantro-lime brown rice!
Brown rice freezes well and can be reheated easily. To optimize the use the InstantPot real estate, I always make pot in pot brown rice while cooking beans. If not using right away, I let it cool down and freeze it . Comes in handy for time crunched quick meals. Perfect textured brown rice cooks well since beans take longer time. Energy and efforts saving !!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Real Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. First Cold press. Imported from Italy. Awards Winner 16 Fl Oz Bottle
- Measuring Cups and Spoons Set by Simply Gourmet. Premium Set of 15 Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons with level. Includes 7 Engraved Metal Measuring Cups and 7 Spoons Plus Level
- Salt and Pepper Grinder - Premium Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill with Adjustable Coarseness - Salt Grinder and Pepper Shaker Mill (Single package)
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are provided as a courtesy and the values are approximate. The values will change depending on the exact ingredients, measurements and brands used. As always, for specific health issues and dietary requirements please consult medical professional.