Ginger Garlic Bok Choy Stir Fry is an easy way to add dark leafy greens to your diet. You will love the refreshing zesty flavors of this quick 10 minutes -7 ingredients recipe. This succulent Stir Fry is Vegan, Gluten and Soy free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto and low carb!
Bok Choy is part of cabbage family of cruciferous vegetables. It’s a popular vegetable widely available in Chinese / Asian grocery stores and even in the super markets. A nutritional powerhouse and very low calorie, it does have excellent source of vitamin C, A, and K. It is also provides minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and iron. Add it in the stir fry and you are feeding your body something healthy and super delicious.. a win win !!
So next time you are craving Chinese take-out, try this mouthwatering healthy homemade meal instead. This dish pairs well with simple jasmine rice. Check out some of our other delicious ‘better than take out’ Chinese Recipes.
- Rainbow Veggies and Rice Noodles Stir Fry
- Easy Asian Schezwan Vegetable Rice
- Chinese Spicy Green Beans Recipe
- Wok Fried Glutenfree Vegetarian Noodles
- Chili Garlic Edamame
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Ginger Garlic Bok Choy Stir-fry?
This recipe requires only a handful of ingredients. See the exact measurements in the recipe card below. To make this super delicious stir fry you will need
- Baby Bok Choy
- Ginger and Garlic
- Coconut Amino Liquid ( I prefer to use it instead of Soy Sauce)
- Red Chili Peppers : Adjust it based on your HOT spice tolerance. Also, if you don’t have red chili peppers handy, use red chili pepper flakes
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
Quick Guide and Preparation Instructions
I like to shred the ginger and garlic to make this sauce. It cooks within seconds so you have to be very watchful once you start cooking. There is hardly any preparation to make this quick side dish. So have things ready to go before you heat the skillet. Everything happens superfast !!
Looking to spice things up around your dinner time, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest and like our FACEBOOK page. We love creating delicious , plant based recipes from around the world. DO JOIN US !!
Ginger Garlic Bok Choy Stir Fry
- 6 Baby Bok choy
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut amino
- 2-3 dry Red Chili Peppers
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cut each baby Bok Choy in half. Rinse under cold water and pat dry. Using a grater, grate the ginger and garlic. You can also finely chop them.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 ½ tbsp. oil. When hot, add garlic and ginger, dry chilies and stir-fry for 20-25 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add coconut amino in the skillet. Carefully scrap the bottom of the skillet in case any ginger garlic is stuck at bottom. ( it's called de-glazing the pan) You should sense the insane aroma of these aromatics.
- Add Bok Choy face down. Let it coat the sizzling mixture. Cover and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip them over. Again let it coat remaining spice mixture. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Bok choy should look darker green. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Bok choy to serving bowl. Make sure to scrap off every last drip of that ginger garlic sauce. ( it's that finger licking good !!!) Season with toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot. Enjoy !