Apple Cinnamon Muffins – They taste like apple pie, only better. A super moist and fluffy muffin with a delicious blend of vanilla and cinnamon. The tender crumb makes a great treat. This easy one bowl recipe will leave you making them over and over again! These are the best vegan and eggless apple muffins.
Who doesn’t fall for the Fall season? We just wait for it. Beautiful leaves changing colors, cool and crisp air, soup season and favorites of all apples.
Your house smells incredibly cozy like a fall scented candle while you bake these muffins. Lingering aromas of vanilla and cinnamon are just heavenly.
Fall and Apple Recipes
We love apples in my family. For fall and autumn season there’s always something cooking with apples in our kitchen. Healthy Apple Nachos , Vegan Apple Crisp and Apple Pie Puff Pastry are our family favorites. Warm beverage like Spiced Instant Pot Apple Cider are absolute delight on breezy fall nights. For savory taste, do try Apple Ginger Chutney.
This Apple cinnamon apple muffins are just perfect to celebrate the apple season. Our other fall favorite recipes are Sweet potato brownies, Pumpkin Hummus, and Butternut Squash Soup. All these recipes are so cozy and comforting.
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Every year we go apple picking and come home with a lot of red, sweet and delicious goodies. These addictive muffins are a must haves in our family. Yummy crunchy apples spiced with tones of cinnamon and garnished with nuts just can’t go wrong. Above all it is so easy to make and vanishes really quickly.
These muffins can replace your old boring coffee cakes. Also these yummilicious cinnamon muffins are the greatest pick me ups for Tea parties.
- Vegan Apple Muffins are soft and fluffy.
- One Bowl Recipe – No need to use a mixer or blender.
- Eggless apple muffins are moist and rich.
- Fast and quick muffin recipe gets done under one hour
- Wholesome and cozy
- Satisfying light and soft texture
- Don’t taste like boring health food. Even without using eggs or butter, you don’t have to compromise on taste or texture on these healthy apple cinnamon muffins.
Flour: I have used whole wheat flour for this recipe. You can also use All purpose flour or oat flour.
Apple : You can use grated or finely cut pieces of apple. Any apples work just fine. For sweet taste, use red delicious or Fuji and for tart taste, use green baking apples like granny smith.
Milk: I used almond milk to keep these muffins vegan. You can however, use regular whole milk as well. Other plant based milk or half and half or lactose free milk can be substituted too.
Oil: Olive oil is preferred. Avocado oil, coconut oil, canola oil or other vegetable cooking oil also works.
Sugar: I always use Sugar in raw while making sweets. White sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar or sweetener works well too.
Cinnamon powder: This is the crucial ingredient for these muffins. You can also use little nutmeg powder, cardamom powder or pumpkin spice powder.
Optional Nuts: Pistachios or almonds go really well on top as a garnish.
Other ingredients : Baking powder, Baking Soda and Salt , the classic baking essentials
See recipe card for quantities.
Prepare : Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sift dry ingredients : flour, salt, ground cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Grate or finely cut apples. Peeling is optional.
Combine : In a large mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients – milk, oil and sugar. Make sure everything is combined well. Fold in the sifted flour along with grated apples. Stir well but do not over mix.
Fill : Prepare the muffin tins by placing muffin paper liners. Spoon the muffin mixture in each muffin liner. Fill the muffin liner to ⅔rd so that there is enough space for the muffin to rise. Sprinkle some nuts like pistachios or almonds on top.
Bake : Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes in the center rack.
Helpful Hint : Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin and check the doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean the muffins are ready. If you get uncooked batter or crumbles on a toothpick keep for another 5 mins.
Serve : Once the muffins are completely cooled, ENJOY!
Flour: Instead of Whole wheat flour you can use gluten free flour like almond flour or oats flour to make it gluten-free.
Milk: Use any plant milk like oats milk or soy milk instead of almond milk.
Other ingredients : Use ¼ cup Applesauce or maple syrup for earthy rich flavors.
Baking spices : Instead of just cinnamon powder you can use pumpkin spice mix, cardamom powder or teaspoon vanilla extract.
Deluxe – add some saffron threads to make it rich.
Kid friendly – add raisins, chocolate pretzels or M&Ms on top.
Check out our other dessert recipes like Carrot cake with Dates, Almond flour edible cookie dough, vegan pumpkin cookies and Vegan Banana Bread.
Store these yummy cinnamon apple muffins in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. These can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month. They are great for grab-and-go-breakfast or snack.
This simple and healthy recipe will make you fall in love with apple and cinnamon flavor all over again. It makes a tasty and healthy breakfast option. Make a big batch of these muffins once, use them over the week.
You can also serve these delicious muffins for afterschool snack or tea snack. You can slather delicious Instant Pot Apple Butter for pure decadence.
- You can either use cur or grated apples in this recipe. Diced apples give a nice and juicy crunch while eating.
- Use unsweetened milk otherwise, the muffins may get too sweet.
- Milk should be at room temperature when making the batter. Don’t use cold milk.
- Sifting the flour helps make light and airy muffins. It also avoids the dense texture which is so unpleasant.
Any baking apples work when making apple muffins. For sweet taste, use Fuji, Pink Lady , Red Delicious or Jonagold apple. For crisp and tart taste, use green apples like Granny Smith.
Place the filled muffin tray or the silicon molds in the Air Fryer basket. Air fry at 330 degree Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Check doneness in between. Also do the toothpick test.
Swap certified gluten free baking flour or oats flour for 1 :1 proportion with whole wheat flour to make this recipe gluten free.
❤ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Star Rating and commenting below ! ❤
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the muffin tray by placing muffin liners.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Grate or finely cut apples. Peeling is optional.
- Whisk together milk, oil, sugar and cinnamon powder. Make sure everything is combined well.
- Fold in the sifted flour along with grated apples.
- Spoon the muffin mixture in each muffin liner. Fill the muffin liner to ⅔rd so that there is enough space for the muffin to rise.
- Top it up with nuts like pistachios or almonds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin and check the doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean the muffins are ready. If you get uncooked batter or crumbles on a toothpick keep for another 5 mins.
- Once the muffins are completely cooled, ENJOY!