Are you ready to bake the Best Chocolate Banana Bread ? Let us gather all ingredients and bake this super delicious Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread.
This Vegan Chocolate Cake that is so decadent, it simply melts in your mouth. It has a perfect soft crumb. Texture is very moist, and taste is full of heavenly chocolate. Serious dreamy vibes right here. I am interchanging between the cake and the bread to describe this recipe.
All you need is simple and basic pantry ingredients to make this recipe. There are numerous substitutes and this NO FAIL RECIPE will get you Best Cake every. single. time.
Instead of elaborately decorating the cake with fondant, colors and frosting, I prefer to garnish it with nuts, chocolates and even edible flowers. Most everyone in my family and friends love these garnishes. A beautiful chocolate syrup drizzled on the top makes it look like Master Chef Creation !
My family calls it Hershey’s Chocolate bonanza recipe. Every time Pratima visits us in NYC, we end up visiting Hershey’s store and stock up on the chocolates.
And I had those gooey, melty chocolates in my mind as I write this recipe. Decadent and indulgent yet light on calories.
There’s nothing more satisfying to my taste buds than a home-baked cake. I feel baking is soothing and therapeutic activity and it always results into something super delicious.
Healthy baking is becoming my passion during stay at home period. Some tried and tasted, classic and easy recipes are on the blog. Do check them out.
- BANANA OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS
- VEGAN ZUCCHINI BREAD
- VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- EGGLESS HOT MILK CAKE
- EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Moist Chocolate Cake from Scratch
This recipe produces moist cake like the brownies. I prefer dense and tender cake over fluffy cake like the boxed cake. I am using gluten free flour but you can use regular all purpose flour or whole wheat flour as well.
This recipe is absolutely forgiving with couple substitute possibilities. What you get is perfectly fudgy and moist cake.
- Gluten free all-purpose flour – I like Bob’s Red Mill flour mix.
- Cocoa Powder – Taste the bitterness and adjust sugar accordingly.
- Instant Coffee Powder – optional but highly recommend.
- Over ripe bananas – Yellow ones with lot of brown spots are the best
- Non dairy Milk – I used Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Oil – use flavorless light oil like sunflower oil or vegetable oil.
- Sugar (regular baking sugar) or coconut sugar
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar – the acidity helps the baking soda to rise and you get spongy moist cake.
I love adding instant coffee powder for additional flavor. If you don’t like the flavor, simply skip it.
Skip vanilla and stir some peppermint extract into the batter and you’ll have a mouthwatering chocolate mint cake.
Sprinkle some chocolate chips in the batter.
Make cupcakes instead. Fill 24 paper lined muffin pans and divide batter evenly between them. Bake them for 20 minutes.
Instead of walnuts, use pecans or slivered almonds. I also love coconut chips.
Use this cake is a base. Then use your imagination and get creative.
PRO TIPS TO MAKE BEST CHCOLATE BREAD
Measure your flour using “spoon and swoop” method. Air out the flour by moving the spoon around it and then measure the flour by tablespoon instead of scooping it.
Make sure to pre heat the oven at right temperature.
Use all ingredients at room temperature. This is particularly important for refrigerator ingredients like butter, milk and eggs (if using)
Do not over-beat the batter. Unless you are making sponge cakes, most recipes require gently folding the ingredients and not over-mixing it.
Cocoa powders vary in bitterness depending upon the brand you are using. So, adjust the sweetness accordingly. ( do taste test before baking )
THIS CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD IS:
• Freezes well
• Dairy-free , Gluten free and Eggless
• Decadent and Moist
• Easy to make with pantry ingredients
• The perfect breakfast, dessert or snack
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease and Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
Peel the bananas and mash them well with a fork. Add in almond milk, oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir well to combine.
Place the flour, sugar, instant coffee, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the loaf pan few times so the air bubbles settle. Add the garnishes on top.
Bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (If you want a moist banana bread, make sure not to overbake it.)
Turn off the oven and remove the loaf pan.
Let it cool completely for at least 30 minutes in the pan. Move it on cutting board and slice it along. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on the top. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to take pictures when you make our delicious recipes. Tag us with #profusioncurry on Instagram ! We would love to feature your creation.
Join us on Pinterest and FACEBOOK . You will love all our delicious, wholesome, plant based recipes from around the world.
★ If you make this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 Ripe bananas -peeled and mashed
- ½ cup Chopped walnuts Chopped choclates, chocolate curls or coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).Grease and Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Peel the bananas and mash them well with a fork. Add in almond milk, oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir well to combine. Place the flour, sugar, instant coffee, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the loaf pan few times so the air bubbles settle. Add the garnishes on the top.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (If you want a moist banana bread, make sure not to overbake it.)Turn off the oven and remove the loaf pan.
- Let it cool completely for at least 30 minutes in the pan. Move it on cutting board and slice it along. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on the top. Enjoy!