Air Fryer Pineapple is a marvelous recipe full of sweet, smoky, juicy and tangy flavors. It is a wonderful side dish, fruity dessert or tasty toppings made in minutes!
I love cooking a variety of different vegetables and fruits in an air fryer. Roasted Air Fryer Mushrooms, Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes and Hasselback Sweet Potatoes are some of our household favorite Air Fryer Recipes.
This pineapple in air fryer recipe is so easy to cook, and it can be enjoyed all summer long. It is super simple and loved by all.
Grilled Pineapple can be served as a sweet and tangy dessert with a scoop of ice cream on the top. Similar to Grilled Peaches with maple balsamic glaze, it’s our summer time go-to recipe to grill.
It also makes a colorful side dish with grilled or barbecued meats or veggies. It’s a summertime favorite perfect for potlucks, picnics or outdoor parties.
Juicy Air Fryer Pineapple
Cooking pineapple intensifies the natural sweetness. It makes the pineapple extra-juicy infused with a light smoky flavor. Totally unbeatable treat you must try especially in the summer season.
This pineapple in air fryer recipe
- Super easy with only 4 ingredients
- Can be made from start to finish in under 20 minutes.
- No need to fire up the grill. Air fryer pineapple tastes like it’s been roasted on the grill.
- Vegan and gluten free
- Easily adjust the seasoning to make it sweet or tangy.
- Can be made with freshly cut or canned pineapple.
Pineapple : I prefer to use fresh ripe pineapple. You can use store-bought pineapple slices if you do not want to cut the pineapple yourself. Adding an Amazon affiliate link of you want to buy Pineapple Corer online.
Butter or Oil : to keep it from drying out. Use plant butter to keep this recipe vegan.
How To Make
- Peel and slice your pineapple. I cut it in round and leave the core intact so it’s easy to cook. ( Remove the core before serving because it’s very tough to eat )
- Brush some butter or oil over the pineapple slices. Arrange them in a single layer in your fryer basket.
- Air fry the pineapple for about 12-15 minutes, until golden and caramelized, flipping at the halfway point.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on top . Then serve warm or cool and enjoy.
Grilled Pineapple is best when served hot and freshly made. It is perfectly juicy and tender.
If needed, store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in a sealed container. Microwave for 30 seconds if you need to serve it warm.
Don’t let them go to waste. You can use grilled pineapple chunks as a topping on various dishes including oatmeal, overnight oats, or chia pudding for breakfast.
It also be a great addition to the salad or buddha bowls. And you can always serve it as a side dish by quickly reheating it or as a cold dessert with a scoop of ice cream on top.
Cutting pineapple seems difficult but with sharp kitchen knife, you can easily slice off the outer peel. I then cut it in round and leave the core intact so it’s easy to cook. Remove the core before serving because it’s very tough to eat.
Side dish : I prefer to serve it with hearty grilled meals like burgers, especially my Portobello Burger.
You can simply grill or air fry pineapple with butter and salt. It tastes amazing as is. But you can use multiple other seasonings to accentuate the flavors further. Here are some ideas
- Chili Lime Seasoning : my favorite
- Maple and Cinnamon : for sweet and earthy flavors when serving as a dessert.
- Smoked Paprika and Lime : hubby’s favorite
- Tajin Seasoning : For Mexican flavored grilled pineapple
How to Grill Pineapple
No Air fryer ? You can also grill the pineapple. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. In a small bowl, mix the butter ( oil ) and seasoning. Brush onto the pineapple. Grill the pineapple 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve warm and enjoy!
More Air Fryer Recipes
The air frying time depends upon few variables. It will change based on how ripe a pineapple you use. It will also change based on how large and thick you cut the slices. In general, it takes about 8-10 minutes to roast fresh pineapple slices in the air fryer. But every air fryer model is different so you might need few extra minutes.
Yes you can. However, you will need to cook it for at least few hours in low temperature. Typically cook pineapple in the air fryer on 225 degrees Fahrenheit for 80 to 100 minutes
Yes. You can cook variety of different fruits in air fryer. Air frying makes the fruit extra sweet and delicious since heat caramelizes the fruit sugar.
❤ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Star Rating and commenting below ! ❤
Air Fryer Pineapple
- 1 pineapple cut, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning of your choice I used Chili Lime Seasoning
How to Air Fry Pineapple
- Peel and slice your pineapple into your desired shape.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter ( oil ) and seasoning. Brush onto the pineapple.
- Place them in a single layer in your fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Flip the pineapple once at the halfway point. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy !
How to Grill Pineapple
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. In a small bowl, mix the butter ( oil ) and seasoning. Brush onto the pineapple. Grill the pineapple 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve warm and enjoy!