This 3-ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge with condensed milk is luxuriously rich, creamy and decadent. It also is easiest to make homemade fudge ever. You will love the delicious peanut butter flavor and irresistibly smooth, melt-in-the-mouth texture of this no bake dessert!
If you love peanut butter then this recipe is a sure shot winner ! Definitely also try our 3-ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies. If you love fudge, our 4-ingredient Chocolate Fudge and Indian Milk Fudge with Rose Petals are a must try too !
This creamy Peanut Butter Fudge uses basic, inexpensive and simple pantry ingredients. It makes excellent homemade holiday gifts. Similar to Chocolate Peanut Clusters, Peppermint Bark and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels, it is our family favorite Christmas and Holiday gift.
I am including instructions to make this amazing no bake peanut butter fudge in microwave, on stove top and using Instant Pot as a double boiler. It only needs 10 minutes of preparation time. You need to let it set in the fridge for few hours which is however inactive time.
- Chocolate Chips : I prefer to use white chocolate chips to make this fudge. You can also use milk chocolate or even dark chocolate chips however, it will look different. Candy melts also work.
- Peanut Butter : Creamy and salted peanut butter is my favorite for making the smooth and velvety fudge. If you notice a layer of oil on top of the peanut butter jar, remove the oil before using otherwise, fudge won’t set properly.
- Condensed milk : It adds sweet milky taste and smooth creamy texture to this decadent fudge.
- Optional : You can stir in vanilla extract for additional flavor.
Helpful hint : Evaporated milk does NOT work for this recipe. The mixture will get too runny and will not set. Make sure to use condensed milk only.
How to Make
There are two parts of making the fudge. First is to melt the chocolate to smooth mixture and mix in all the ingredients and second step is to set the fudge.
I am including detailed instructions to melt the chocolate chips in microwave as well as in Instant Pot double boiler. Either method works but I prefer to use Instant Pot for making larger batch.
Start of by lining a baking dish with parchment paper. For even shape and size, use a square pan typically 8*8 inches.
1. Melt the white chocolate chips to smooth runny mixture. You can use a microwave-safe bowl, saucepan or do it in Instant Pot.
2. Add peanut butter and combine very well.
3. Heat up the mixture so the chocolate and peanut butter is smoothly mixed together.
3. Stir in condensed milk. Mix well so that all the ingredients are completely combined and mixture is smooth without lumps.
Pour fudge mixture in the prepared dish and spread it evenly. Put it in refrigerator and let it chill for few hours.
Using a sharp knife, slice the fudge into desired shape. Enjoy !
This old-fashioned fudge recipe reminds me of grandma’s kitchen. Similar to Hot Milk Cake, this amazing fudge is classic, vintage sweet treats and uses just a short list of ingredients.
It is very important to line your baking dish with wax paper or parchment paper. Otherwise you won’t be able to get your fudge out. I do not recommend using aluminum foil either.
Even though, you don’t need candy thermometer for this easy peanut butter fudge recipe, make sure not to over-heat peanut butter while mixing. It will release excess oil and fudge will get grainy and will not set properly.
Once you combine all the ingredients, you have to stir it with reasonable force. The mixture is thick and hard to combine and difficult to pour. So use your arm muscle power to get the job done!
No. For this recipe to work properly, you need to use condensed milk only. Evaporated milk is thinner milk while condensed milk is thick and creamy. Evaporated milk will not set properly to make pieces of fudge.
The trick to good homemade fudge is to properly mix all the ingredients at the right temperature. You do not want to overheat peanut butter since it will release excess oil and fudge will not set properly. Also cool the fudge mixture properly before you cut it. Perfect fudge should have smooth velvety soft texture but it should be firm enough so you can pick it up without it crumbling.
Peanut butter and condensed milk fudge will last about 2 weeks at room temperature. You must store it in an airtight container and keep it away from heat or direct sunlight. You can store it in refrigerator for up to a month. To store longer in the freezer, wrap the fudge in wax paper, place it in an air tight container and freeze it for 3-4 months.
Other No Bake Dessert Recipes
❤ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Star Rating and commenting below ! ❤
Peanut Butter Fudge with Condensed Milk
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. For even shaped and thick pieces use 8*8 square pan.
How to make Peanut Butter Fudge in Microwave
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips and microwave for one minute at half power. Stir well until chocolate chips start to melt. Add Peanut butter and mix well. Continue microwaving for 15 second intervals stirring very well after each one. You should make a smooth combined mixture.
- Stir in condensed milk and again mix well to combine everything well. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet. Spread it evenly with the spatula and let it sit for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator before cutting it into pieces.
How to make Instant Pot Peanut Butter Fudge
- Pour 2 cups of water in the instant pot liner. Turn the SAUTE mode on the normal setting. Place a trivet in the inner pot.
- In a large stainless steel or glass bowl, put the white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and condensed milk. Place the bowl on the trivet to make it work as a double boiler.
- Let the water come to boil. The heat will help melt the chocolate chips. Mix well with a spatula until everything is well combined.
- Remove the bowl and pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread it evenly with the spatula and let it sit for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator before cutting it into pieces.
How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge on Stove top
- In a medium sauce pan over medium low heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Stir consistently until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread it evenly with the spatula and let it sit for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator before cutting it into pieces. Enjoy!