Keto Chocolate Almond Flour Mug Cake ! Quick and easy, no bake chocolate dessert that is incredibly moist, rich and fudgy. You must try this indulgent treat full of healthy wholesome ingredients.
Almond Chocolate Mug cake happens in the Microwave. It makes an awesome single-serving dessert. Use this 2 minute recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth – for dessert , snack or even breakfast!
This recipe makes Keto – low carb, low sugar vegan, gluten-free, Paleo, grain-free, dairy-free and eggless Chocolate Almond Mug Cake ! It is simply the BEST!
MY FAVORITE EASY DESSERT RECIPE
I have been making this wonderful cake in the microwave forever. From the college days precisely. Because, let’s face it, all those stressful days of labs and studies, deserve a piece of decadent dessert to celebrate.
But the thing is, you can’t always bake a full tray and indulge… not all the time.. For a serving or two, you can’t always run to the store to get it either.
So, mug cake is my ultimate solution. Ready to eat at moment’s notice and easy to customize.
Now, hubby and I find ourselves making these mug cakes often. We like the quick, small batch, prep less recipe of fudgy chocolate cake made in one mug.
Dessert at the moment’s notice! Gotta love it right ?
WHAT IS A MUG CAKE
A mug cake is a single serving dessert cake made in the mug. It is often made in a microwave. It is a quick and easy alternative to traditional full size baked cake.
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE MUG CAKES?
• Portion control
• Quick and easy to make compared to baking the whole cake
• Does not use oven
• No special equipment necessary
• Small batch – fresh taste
• Only one mug needed
• Perfect serving for one or two
PORTION CONTROL FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
I am a firm believer in eating wholesome foods with variety and moderation to maintain weight. Portion control is key to enjoy variety of foods without feeling guilty. Crash fad diets, eliminations and deprivations does not work long term.
For the same reasons, when it comes to desserts, I like individual serving mug cake. Instead of buying or making frosting laden full cake, make this petite version whenever you crave sweets. This recipe uses all wholesome ingredients as well.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE WITHOUT OVEN ?
This recipe does not require the use of an oven. You make the mug cake in the microwave in less than 2 minutes. Just mix in all ingredients in the mug and microwave it in 30 second intervals a few times. And enjoy !
EGGLESS MUG CAKE
This recipe does not include eggs. When you make the cake in the oven, eggs help make it spongy. But in the microwave, eggs do not taste good.
I prefer soft and fudge like cake so I do not add egg. Also it is difficult to properly proportion egg to individual serving.
I like my cakes light, fluffy, moist and decadent. Besides you can even eat the batter as is since there is no raw egg.
SMALL BATCH DESSERT
For all practical reasons, I love small batch desserts. It helps tremendously with portion control.
It is hard to control your portion when you see a sheet full of dreamy rich cake ahead of you. But with mug cakes, you have your cake and your mug. It is automatic!
KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
For this mug cake recipe, I am using almond flour instead of regular flour and monk fruit extract as a sweetener. Both these ingredients help lower the carb count and make this Ultimate Keto Mug Cake!
This eggless cake is easy to customize. The basic ingredients are
• Almond flour
• Cocoa powder
• Coconut oil or butter
• Sweetener – I used monk fruit extract
• Milk – I used Almond milk
• Baking powder
• Chocolate chips – choose low carb version for keto
I like to top the mug cake with fresh fruit and berries. Love it with strawberries especially.
Some other options are:
• Vanilla Ice Cream
• Shredded coconut
• Fresh fruit jam
• Salted Caramel Sauce
• Whipped Cream
• Peanut Butter
• Chocolate Peppermint Sauce
Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stir together.
Add milk, and oil, stir until smooth. Scrape the bottom of the mug so no dry ingredients are stuck at the bottom.
Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkle a few of them on top.
Cook in the microwave for 60-90 seconds (see note) until the cake is just set.
Allow to rest in the microwave for 1 minute before eating! Enjoy !!
* All microwaves are different, so it is difficult to give a precise cook time. Start with 60 seconds. Check and add another 30- 45 seconds if it needs to set further. Do not over cook , otherwise it will get too dry.
1. Mug cakes are best to be made immediately and best eaten soon after making it.
2. If your cake batter looks too thick, add an extra tablespoon or two of milk.
3. Do not over cook the cake. It gets dry quickly.
4. You can substitute coconut oil with tahini, almond butter, butter, oil or applesauce.
5. Any granular sweetener will work.
6. A cappuccino style mug, round base coffee mug, ramekin or microwave safe glass bowls will work.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR POPULAR DESSERT RECIPES
- VEGAN PUMPKIN COOKIES
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- VEGAN APPLE CRISP
- GRILLED PEACHES
- EASY PEACH CRUMBLE
- EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- INSTANT POT ZUCCHINI BREAD
- VEGAN TAPIOCA PUDDING
- COCONUT RICE KHEER
- BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES
Join us on Pinterest and FACEBOOK . You will love all our delicious, wholesome, plant based recipes from around the world.
★ If you make this Keto Vegan Chocolate Almond Flour Mug Cake Recipe do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Chocolate Almond Flour Mug Cake - Keto Vegan Dessert
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stir together.
- Add milk, and oil, stir until smooth. Scrape the bottom of the mug so no dry ingredients are stuck at the bottom. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkle a few of them on top.
- Cook in the microwave for 60-90 seconds (see note) until the cake is just set.
- Allow to rest in the microwave for about a minute before eating! Enjoy !!