This hearty and refreshing Avocado Egg Salad is a perfect balanced meal full of bright flavors, textures and colors. Homemade simple Dressing adds an excellent flavor to this incredibly satisfying salad.
Protein-packed eggs, good fats in Avocado, crisp fresh veggies and refreshing herbs taste just out of this world. Every bite is like a flavor fiesta. This is one of my favorite complete meal salads similar to Lentil Salad with Curry Lemon Dressing and Vegan Quinoa Tex-Mex Salad Bowl.
Classic Egg salad is a great, healthy option for lunch. This recipe adds not only avocado but also lime, cilantro and red onion. Together, these components make this a flavorful, delicious dish. Learn how to make this tasty egg salad with avocado here.
This Healthy Avocado Egg salad is
- grain free
- soy free
- low carb – keto friendly
- easy, simple and filling
- full of protein, fiber and nutrients
- No Mayonnaise Avocado Egg Salad is creamy and smooth
Easy Wholesome Salads
We are big fan of wholesome clean ingredient eating and always on exploration of new ideas for recipes. This being the reason, I started to make one new salad every day.
It was fascinating idea to think outside the box and combine a protein with rainbow of veggies with different textures, flavors and build incredibly delicious salads.
To mention a few, check out these delightful array of salads we have featured in ProfusionCurry Kitchen. You will love Vegan Barley Salad and Orzo Pasta salad. There also is Thai Zucchini Noodles and Italian Zoodles Salad.
If you love easy recipes that have a huge punch of flavor, this healthy avocado salad tops the list. It also is filling, delicious, and simple to make.
This Avocado Egg Cucumber Salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare. It is best consumed fresh as it can be put together in minutes.
Use it as a healthy meal choice. Perfect for busy weekday lunches/dinners.
Some of the ingredients can be made ahead and refrigerated and used whenever you want to eat. So a great choice for party menu.
You can also serve it on a toast, make a wrap or sandwiches, eat it as a snack, or as a salsa for accompanying your chips.
Pro tips for making best Egg and Avocado Salad
- Use fresh and clean ingredients like eggs, avocados, veggies for salads as some of them are to be consumed raw.
- Wash the raw ingredients thoroughly and make sure all the dirt particles are removed.
- Cut and add the avocado at the last moment before mixing the salad so that it does not turn brown and look unappealing.
- Eggs: I prefer to use fresh and organic eggs which are hard boiled. You can use either White or Brown Eggs.
- Avocado : I used medium sized, ripe Hass Avocado. Cut the avocado just before mixing the salad. If you have already cut it, cover it with lemon juice to prevent from oxidizing.
- Veggies : I used mini Cucumbers, tomatoes, green lettuce and red onions. More the colors, healthier the salad. Feel free to use your favorite veggies.
- Herbs : Fresh mint and cilantro are my favorite for this combination.
- Olive Oil and lemon Dressing : This dressing adds terrific flavors to this salad. Combine best quality extra virgin Italian olive oil, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Super easy super delish dressing is surefire awesome. You can also add dried or fresh herbs like chives, dill, or parsley. Skip oil if you want to make it WFPB.
Different dressings: You can also use Caesar salad dressing or avocado cilantro dressing
Add grains: Quinoa, barley, couscous or Farro are great choices.
Protein change : You can add chickpeas or beans or lentils instead of eggs and keep it vegan.
Add Cheese / extra protein
Additional veggies : Artichokes, olives, carrots, broccoli, kale, arugula, baby spinach are good options.
How to Make
Cook Eggs in Instant Pot/Stove Top. Put them cold water and peel. See notes about how to cook them on stove top and instant pot.
Chop all the veggies except avocado into bite size pieces.
Combine all ingredients listed for dressing in a mason jar and whisk well.
Mix eggs, veggies in a salad bowl. Add cut avocados. Pour the dressing over. Toss well. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
How to Cook Eggs on a Stove top
Place eggs in the bottom of a large saucepan. Fill the pan with cold water, 1 inch above the eggs.
On high heat, bring the water to a rapid boil. Once it starts boiling, turn off the heat. Cover the pan with a lid. Let it sit covered for 7-10 minutes.
After that, carefully drain the water. Fill the pan with ice and cold water. Once they are cool to handle, remove from water and crack and peel them.
How to Cook Eggs In Instant Pot
Pour the water into the steel insert of Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket or the trivet in the pot.
Carefully arrange eggs in the steamer basket. Secure the lid on the pot. Pressure valve to SEALING.
Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and choose timing based on how you like your eggs done. ( For soft jammy eggs – 3 minutes, medium-cooked eggs – 4 minutes; for hard boiled eggs – 5 minutes.)
When cooking time is complete, let the pressure release naturally.
Remove the lid from the pot and gently place eggs in a bowl of ice cold water for 1 minute. Then crack and peel them.
How to Cook Eggs In Air Fryer
Add the eggs to the fryer basket and choose 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs, soft jammy eggs choose 10 minutes and for medium cooked eggs use 12 minutes.
Once air fried, gently place eggs in a bowl of ice cold water for 1 minute. Then crack and peel them.
Since the salad has avocado in it, it is very close to Mexican cuisines. We love making different recipes from different countries across the globe.
Check out some of our favorite Mexican recipes
♥ Follow us on PINTEREST and like our FACEBOOK page. We love creating delicious and easy family friendly recipes from around the world. DO JOIN US ♥
We would love to hear your feedback!! Use the PIN button in the recipe card or image below to pin this recipe !
★ If you make this Avocado Egg Salad Recipe , do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large ripe avocado – peeled pitted and finely diced
- 1 cup – 2-3 mini cucumbers cut into bite size deseeded
- 1 cup – 2 small red tomatoes cut into bite size pieces deseeded
- 1 medium red onion – cut in thin slices
- 2 cups green lettuce – trimmed and chopped
Olive Oil Lemon Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – skip if WFPB
- 1 teaspoon Dejon Mustard
- Juice of Half lemon
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper – freshly ground black pepper
- Cook eggs as per below instructions. See notes about how to cook them on stove top and instant pot or air fryer.
- Chop the veggies into bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients listed for dressing in a mason jar and whisk well.
- Mix eggs, veggies in a salad bowl. Cut and add avocado. Pour the dressing over. Toss well.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!