This detailed recipe shows you How to make perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. Cooking eggs in an Instant Pot is a quick, hands-off and easy way to achieve perfect results every time.
Eggs are a versatile low carb and protein-packed food. It’s a staple for breakfast and healthy snack in my household. This 5-5-5 method of Instant Pot Eggs ensures that we have this wholesome breakfast readily available.
Why This Method Works
I am not a big fan of spending my precious time on a busy mornings, in cooking a batch of boiled eggs. Once I discovered an easy way, these Hardboiled Eggs in Instant Pot have become a game changer !
No more hassle of watching a pot of water heat up , waiting to drop in eggs, wait for them to cook and then not to have consistent results. Once you set the Instant Pot, you can walk away and let it do the work for you.
I love this hands free , less involved method which also is faster than boiling them on the stove. Plus the ice bath helps them easy to peel too.
With the help of an Instant Pot, you can make hard-boiled, soft-boiled, jammy and poached eggs. I am adding a cooking time chart in the recipe card below. Since we have tested and perfected these timings over dozens of time, there’s absolutely no guess work.
In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on Instant Pot Eggs 555 , as well as the benefits of using an electric pressure cooker. The pressure cooking method allows the eggs to cook quickly and evenly, making it perfect for busy mornings.
Begin by adding one cup of water to the main insert. Place an Instant Pot egg rack, or a trivet or steaming basket in the Instant Pot.
Add eggs to the trivet or steaming basket. You can make as many or as few eggs as you need. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing.
Press Manual pressure and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes for soft-boiled jammy eggs, 4 minutes for medium-boiled eggs, and 5 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
Once the cooking time is complete, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
Use tongs or a slotted spoon to carefully remove the eggs from the pot and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
Once the eggs are cool, peel and enjoy!
Benefits of Making Eggs in an Instant Pot:
Saves time: This cooking method is faster than boiling them on the stove. The pressure cooking method allows the eggs to cook quickly and evenly, making it perfect for busy mornings.
Consistent results: With the precise temperature control and cooking times of an Instant Pot, you can achieve perfect results every time.
Easy to peel: Pressure cooking eggs can make them easier to peel. This is because the rapid cooking process causes the egg whites to separate from the shell, making peeling a breeze.
Versatile: With an Instant Pot, you can make hard-boiled, soft-boiled, and poached eggs all in the same appliance.
Hands-off cooking: Once you set the Instant Pot, you can walk away and let it do the work for you. This makes it perfect for busy mornings or when you have other tasks to attend to.
- Use room temperature eggs for best results. You can use both older eggs or farm fresh eggs.
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water to help prevent cracking.
- If you are making a large batch of eggs especially for egg salads or deviled eggs on for Easter, consider cooking them in batches rather than overcrowding them.
- For poached eggs, crack the eggs into silicone molds or ramekins and place them on the trivet or steaming basket.
More Egg Recipes
These hard boiled eggs make excellent toppings on avocado toast, cobb salad and sandwiches. Here are some additional recipes.
- Egg bites recipe in Instant Pot or Air Fryer : Make Starbucks style at egg bites at home in fraction of cost.
- Avocado Egg Salad : Delicious salad full of fresh produce and hard boiled eggs.
- Egg Salad : Use Instant Pot Egg loaf to make bit batch of this summer favorite salad.
- Egg Curry : Lucius soft eggs in creamy Indian curry sauce. Simply amazing.
Instant Pot Eggs 555 is a foolproof method of making Instant Pot Hard Boiled eggs. It refers to pressure cooking eggs in Instant Pot for 5 minutes, letting them release pressure for 5 minutes and then keeping them in ice cold water ( ice bath) for 5 minutes. This method ensures consistent results and easy to peel hard boiled eggs every time.
You can make as many as 3 dozen eggs at once in 6 quart Instant Pot. Arrange them carefully on steamer basket and make sure not to exceed max fill line on the inner pot.
Instant Pot Recipes
❤ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Star Rating and commenting below ! ❤
Instant Pot Eggs
- Instant Pot Accessory Kit
- 12 Eggs white or brown eggs both work.
- 1½ cup water for cooking
- Place cold tap water in the inner pot of Instant Pot ( Use 1 cup water for a 6 quart Instant Pot and 1.5 cups for an 8-quart Instant pot.)
- Place a trivet or steaming basket in the Instant Pot. Add eggs to the trivet or steaming basket. You can make as many or as few eggs as you need.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual pressure and cook on high pressure. Cooking Times : 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, 4 minutes for medium-boiled eggs, and 5 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- Once the cooking time is complete, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to carefully remove the eggs from the Instant Pot and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once the eggs are cool, peel and enjoy!