Cauliflower Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner! A perfect choice when you are in the mood for low prep, quick and healthy meal. This Italian dinner recipe is good for busy weeknights. Our family favorite!
This low carb Cauliflower Gnocchi dinner needs only 5 minute of active prep time. Rest all is done in the oven. Clean is super easy since only one pan is used. Colorful veggies and fresh flavors make it healthy and scrumptious dinner that whole family will love.
Similar to Pan Fried Gnocchi , this is our family favorite gnocchi recipe.
This meatless recipe is
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, soy- free, dairy-free and gluten-free. Easy to mix and match. Use up all the leftovers in refrigerator and make it as clean up kitchen sink dinner.
Sheet pan recipes are perfect to meal prep as well as healthy dinners or lunches throughout the week. After all, you are roasting your dinner on a baking sheet. Super easy and hands off meal.
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI WFPB SHEET PAN MEAL
This sheet pan dinner is whole food plant based (WFPB). If you want to make it oil free, simply skip the oil ( oil spray ) and sprinkle some water or broth on veggies before you pop them in oven.
You can serve this colorful tasty dinner on its own: sizzling veggies straight from the oven.
If you are looking to make heartier meal, pair it with cozy soup like Lentil Quinoa Soup or Vegan Tomato Bisque
I also like to eat it with fun munchies like Baked Kale Chips or Roasted Masala Chickpeas. Kids love it with potato chips.
Many times my kids request this meal for their lunch box. I pack it in warm thermos so things stay warm and crisp.
Empty your refrigerator of vegetables and use up all that is leftover if you are looking to change up. Broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, Brussels Sprouts and beans are all good options
You can also add protein of your choice if you like Chickpeas, black beans or black eyed peas. Same goes for seasoning. Choose and use your favorite. If you want to make it bit saucy, drizzle salad dressing or marinade.
You can also drizzle any type of pasta sauce on this sheet pan gnocchi. Pesto, Marinara, Butter and Sage, Vodka Sauce, Balsamic Glaze or Marsala -all great choices.
• Leftovers can be stored in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
• Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop in a skillet. Or put it on a lightly greased baking sheet and pop in the oven at 350°F until hot.
• Store leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
EASY MEAL WITH TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI
I have used store-bought cauliflower gnocchi. I always stock up on these gnocchi packets from Trader Joe’s. It is made with all gluten free ingredients.
They come in super handy for last minute dinner plans. These cauliflower gnocchi feels a lot lighter and less dense than the regular kind of gnocchi. For this recipe, I am using the same gnocchi.
WHY SHEET PAN DINNERS ARE THE BEST?
Sheet pan dinners are so easy to make. Additionally, clean up is a breeze. Just one pan is all you need ! Toss everything directly on the sheet pan. Pop it in the oven and set the timer…
And if you are in lazy mood, ( which I often am after long busy workday ) eat right on the sheet pan ! Yes, I told you so !!
Thank me later in the comments for saving on even more cleaning dishes ! This is no fuss dinner – I told you so !
WHAT IS CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI?
Cauliflower gnocchi is lighter and low carb version of regular gnocchi. It also is low calorie and low fat version of Classic Italian Gnocchi.
Unlike traditional gnocchi recipe, there is no wheat, sugar, dairy, or eggs are included in Cauliflower version.
Cauliflower, cassava flour, potato starch, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt are the ingredients. Plus it costs less than $ 3 for 12 oz pack so it is very budget friendly.
When crisp and roasted they taste like tater tots. Crispy on the outside, soft and moist on the inside.
If using frozen cauliflower gnocchi, no need to defrost it. Use stright frozen, simply break up the larger clumps if any, so it cooks evenly.
GNOCCHI : Cauliflower or regular gnocchi. You can use shelf stable or frozen variety.
VEGGIES : Grape Tomatoes, sweet mini peppers, onion
I am using mini San Marzano tomatoes. ( again from Trader Joe’s ) They are aptly called heavenly delicious! These mini tomatoes are super sweet and ultra flavorful!
As they roast, these tomatoes slightly burst and intensify their taste. Tomatoes and sweet peppers reduce down into their own sauce. It tastes AMAZING!
SEASONING, AROMATICS and GARNISHES : Minced garlic, Italian Seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Oil or spray for misting , Fresh herbs like basil or rosemary for flavors. Lemon juice for a pop of freshness. You can sprinkle some parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast on top to round up the flavors.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI SHEET PAN DINNER
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Or use a nonstick spray and mist it on the baking sheet.
Drizzle the gnocchi and veggies with olive oil ( or spray) and seasoning, salt and pepper. Make sure everything, especially the gnocchi, is seasoned well.
Spread the gnocchi along with tomatoes, peppers and onions on the baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes. Check and toss the ingredients around a bit halfway during cook time.
You want the tomatoes to be bursting and the peppers to be slightly brown.
Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast. Serve the gnocchi dinner immediately. Bon Appetit!
We love creating easy and nutritious one pot dinners for busy families. Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- VEGAN ENCHILADA RICE
- VEGAN SHEET PAN GNOCCHI
- CREAMY GNOCCHI SOUP
- VEGAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- VEGAN LENTIL CHILI
- EASY MINESTRONE SOUP
Join us on Pinterest and FACEBOOK . You will love all our delicious, wholesome, plant based recipes from around the world.
★ If you make this CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPE do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Cauliflower Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner
- 12 oz. frozen Cauliflower gnocchi - I used Trader Joe's
- 2 cups grape or cheery tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped mini sweet peppers
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon oil or oil spray
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Juice of half lemon
- Red pepper flakes salt and pepper per taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast - optional
- fresh rosemary or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Or use a nonstick spray and mist it on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the gnocchi and veggies with olive oil ( or spray) and seasoning, salt and pepper. Make sure everything, especially the gnocchi, is seasoned well.
- Spread the gnocchi along with tomatoes, peppers and onions on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes. Check and toss the ingredients around a bit halfway during cook time.
- You want the tomatoes to be bursting and the peppers to be slightly brown. Take it off the oven.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast. Serve the gnocchi dinner immediately. Bon Appetit!
Sheet pan dinners are the best! Loving all the veggies with this one. 🙂