Vegan Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Vegetables – quick 30-minute dinner is exactly what you need to get an easy weeknight meal on the table fast.
The best part is that this Italian dinner recipe is completely customizable so the whole family will love it.
Sheet pan dinners are simple, healthy, quick and easy. They also are hearty, comforting and wholesome.
On busy weeknights when time is tight, sheet pan dinners are your best choice. Plus cleaning up afterwards is easy since only one pan is used in making it !! Presto !!
All you need is basic prep to make this healthy square meal. To make things easier, I often buy a bag of organic pre-cut broccoli florets. So just chopping sweet peppers is all the prep I need.
This Sheet Pan Vegetable Gnocchi recipe is my favorite. It’s on a weekly routine. I use it for dinner as well as for lunch prep.
I’ve included broccoli florets, shelled edamame, mini sweet peppers and Italian Gnocchi. For the flavors, I am using Italian seasoning, Umami seasoning, fresh rosemary and lemon juice.
WHOLESOME ONE PAN DINNER
This Roasted Vegetable Gnocchi Bake is a good mix of plant protein, fiber and vitamins. It is healthy and nourishing. And it fills you up well.
All you need is 30 minutes to have this truly restaurant quality dinner on the table. It’s perfect for busy weeknights but special enough to serve to the company as well.
You can also use this Gnocchi Bake recipe as a warm salad or a side dish if you are looking to make a multi course meal.
EASIEST GNOCCHI EVER :
I love Italian pasta of all kinds and gnocchi is my favorite. Making sheet pan gnocchi is the easiest way to enjoy these crisp pasta dumplings. You save time on boiling water and cooking and as I mentioned earlier, less pots to clean up.
To use 1 pan or 2 pans ?
You want to layer the ingredients on the baking sheet in an even layer. Whether you need 1 baking or 2 depends upon how you like the texture of the meal. You can make sheet pan dinners moist and saucy or dry and crispy.
If you slightly pack the ingredients on one baking sheet, the veggies will steam, roast and stay moist. There isn’t much air movement in between so the end meal will be moist and soft roasted gnocchi and veggies.
If you spread out the ingredients on 2 baking sheets, leaving space between items, the air can pass through while baking. It will result in gnocchi and veggies getting dry and crisp.
So, depending upon your texture preference, choose 1 or 2 baking sheets. Either way, don’t stack things on top of each other.
EASY MEAL FROM TRADER JOE’S GROCERY HAUL
Most all of the ingredients in this meal are from Trader Joe’s. I make a list, pick up things, bring them home and put the dinner together. It is really that easy.
( This post is NOT sponsored by Trader Joe’s. I just love grocery shopping there and creating quick and easy delicious meals )
OIL OR OIL SPRAY:
I like to mist the oil spray on this meal. It coats things evenly with minimal oil. You can however use regular oil as well. Either way, use it generously so all the ingredients are well coated.
To make it WFPB compliant, skip the oil and use water or broth instead.
- Gnocchi – I used a one-pound package of shelf-stable gnocchi. You could also use a frozen variety. For the low carb option, choose Cauliflower Gnocchi.
- Broccoli – cut into bite-sized florets. I buy prepackaged.
- Sweet Peppers – For colors and crunch, add a cup of chopped mini sweet peppers or use 1 red bell pepper. Cut it into bite size pieces
- Edamame – Shelled frozen edamame add nice meaty texture and good amount of plant protein. You can substitute with chickpeas, black beans or cooked lentils.
- Oil or oil spray – to coat the vegetables and gnocchi for roasting. I love avocado oil spray.
- Seasoning – I am using ready-made Italian seasoning, Umami seasoning , Salt and pepper.
- Lemon Juice and fresh Rosemary sprig – Adds a wonderful fresh flavor pop.
- Parmesan Cheese – To sprinkle over the top. You can use plant based cheese or regular based on your dietary preferences.
HOW TO MAKE IT
Preheat your oven to 425 °F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together the gnocchi, broccoli, peppers, edamame , seasoning, salt and pepper. Spray the oil.
Toss until the vegetables and gnocchi are evenly covered in oil and seasoning.
Spread out the mixture evenly on the sheet pan.
Bake or Roast for about 25 minutes, tossing the gnocchi and vegetables about halfway through the cooking time.
Turn off the oven. Remove the baking sheet. Drizzle lemon juice and cheese over and toss everything well.
Scoop out and serve warm. Bon Appetit!
OUR POPULAR ONE POT DINNER IDEAS
- CREAMY ITALIAN GNOCCHI SOUP
- VEGAN ENCHILDA RICE
- STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- KUNG PAO TOFU
- THAI MASSMAN CURRY
- RICE NOODLES AND RAINBOW VEGGIES
- LENTIL QUINOA SOUP
- CREAMY LEMON BASIL PASTA
- PENNE ROSA – CREAMY TOMATO PASTA
- MAKHANI MASALA PASTA
★ If you make this VEGAN SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
- 12 Oz packet of prepared Italian Gnocchi ( choose shelf stable or frozen.)
- 3 cups cut broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame beans
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon umami seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil or oil spray
- fresh herbs - I used rosemary 1 sprig or 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese - use plant based or regular depending upon your dietary preference.
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the gnocchi, broccoli, peppers, edamame , seasoning, salt and pepper. Spray the oil. Toss until the vegetables and gnocchi are evenly covered in oil and seasoning.
- Spread out the mixture evenly on the sheet pan.Bake or Roast for about 25 minutes, tossing the gnocchi and vegetables about halfway through the cooking time.
- Turn off the oven. Remove the baking sheet. Drizzle lemon juice and cheese over and toss everything well. Scoop out and serve warm. Bon Appetit!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are provided as a courtesy and the values are approximate. The values will change depending on the exact ingredients, measurements and brands used. As always, for specific health issues and dietary requirements please consult medical professional.