Roasted Radishes make delicious low carb vegetable side dish. Air fryer radishes are crispy, tender and lightly seasoned. This easy, 15 minute crispy radishes recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and an excellent low-carb or keto alternative to potatoes.
This recipe shows you Fast And Easy Ways To Make Roasted Radishes in Air Fryer and Oven. If you love roasted radish, then you’ll love this recipe. And if you’ve never tried roasted radish, then this is a must-try!
Roasted vegetables, including radishes, are some of the easiest healthy side dishes you can make while dinner is cooking.
Tossed with olive oil and seasoning, then baked / air fried until crispy, these radishes make a delicious lightened up alternative to potatoes. Add them to your list!
Why roast radishes?
Radishes are good for you. They are excellent healthy vegetables. However, raw radishes do have a sharp, pungent and slightly bitter taste. For some, that may be something you have to get used to.
Roasting radishes caramelizes their natural sugars. The flavor becomes savory and delightful. And instead of a fresh sharp bite, roasted radishes become crispy and tender.
This Air fryer Roasted Radishes Recipe is
- Soy Free
- Low carb and Keto
- Paleo Suitable
- Perfect alternative to carb heavy potato side dishes
- Easy to customize
All you need is fresh radishes and oil ( or oil spray) and salt to get going . I am suggesting super simple seasoning but you can use variety of different seasoning of your choice.
Radishes : Use fresh radishes. You can buy a bunch with fresh greens on top or washed and trimmed packages from the produce section of your grocery store. I trim the root and the top . You can use Radish greens for flavoring the vegetable stock.
Seasoning : I used onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika and dried parsley.
Lemon juice : to drizzle on top. It adds a nice tangy flavor, reduces the classic sharp pungent radish taste and overall brightens up the flavor of savory roast vegetables.
Salt to taste, Olive oil or oil Spray
See recipe card for quantities.
Wash and pat dry the radishes. Trim the top and roots. Cut them into equal size pieces.
Toss them with a teaspoon of olive oil and salt. Add the radishes to an air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit.
In the mixing bowl, add the remaining olive oil, onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika and dried parsley. Whisk everything together.
After 8 minutes in the air fryer, remove the radishes from the air fryer basket. Add them to the bowl with the olive oil mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
Place the radishes back in the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit until the white side becomes crispy golden.
Remove promptly. Drizzle lemon juice on top. Toss well. Serve right away and enjoy !
Hint: Make sure to leave a little space between radishes as they cook. Don’t overcrowd them in the basket. They’ll release steam as they heat, so if they are tightly close together they’ll end up soft instead of crispy.
Feel free to experiment with different flavors in your roast radishes. Fresh herbs like basil, thyme, tarragon and rosemary would all make lovely additions to this recipe.
To Make it WFPB oil free recipe, simply skip using oil or oil spray.
Balsamic Vinegar, Soy Sauce or coconut amino, Sriracha Sauce are great seasoning options.
Store leftovers in an airtight container. They’ll keep well in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Reheat leftovers in the air fryer or oven. You can also do it in a skillet on the stove.
No Air Fryer? I have included instructions for oven roasted radishes in the recipe card below.
I used my Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer to make this recipe.
Even size radishes roast evenly. The bags of store bought radishes often have mixed sizes. So you may have to adjust the cutting technique. Cut the large radishes into quarters. Medium size ones into halves. The small ones can be roasted whole.
You can use this recipe as a low carb side dish. It also makes a good, light and healthy salad. You can serve it as a healthy snack along with Greek Tzatziki sauce , Cilantro Hummus or Avocado Cilantro Lime Dip.
Yes, roasted radishes are low carb and approved for keto diets. 1 Cup serving of roasted radishes have 3g of carbohydrates.
Yes. Radish is an edible root vegetable with a peppery pungent and sharp taste. They are full of healthy nutrients including vitamin c, potassium and fiber. Health benefits of eating radishes are listed in this article .
★ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe , do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Roasted Radishes in Air Fryer or Oven
- Wash and pat dry the radishes. Trim the top and roots. Cut them into equal size pieces.
How To Air Fry Radishes
- Toss them with a teaspoon of olive oil and salt. Add the radishes to an air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit.
- In the mixing bowl, add the remaining olive oil, onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika and dried parsley. Whisk everything together.
- After 8 minutes in the air fryer, remove the radishes from the air fryer basket. Add them to the bowl with the olive oil mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
- Place the radishes back in the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit until the white side becomes crispy golden.
- Remove promptly. Drizzle lemon juice on top. Toss well. Serve right away and enjoy !
How To Oven Roast Radishes
- Mix the radishes with all the olive oil and salt. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 º Fahrenheit until crispy. Remove from the oven. Toss them with the remaining half of the oil and seasoning. Put them back in the oven. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes until crispy and tender.
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle the lemon juice on top. Mix well and serve. Enjoy.
- For easy clean up and mess-free air frying, use air fryer silicon mats or perforated parchment paper liner. They aid with appropriate ventilation holes for proper heat circulation in the air fryer. It also keeps the air fryer clean, making the cleaning time faster and easier.
- Air fryer cooking times vary slightly depending on which brand you use. It is always a good idea to check for the doneness of the food 2-3 minutes before the suggested time. Pull out the air fryer basket before the lowest suggested cook time and check how much more time you need to make perfectly air fried food.