This fresh and flavorful Greek Pizza makes a delectable dinner the whole family will love. It uses store bought pizza crust topped with roasted red peppers and Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese for a quick and refreshing meal under 20 minutes.
This easy pizza recipe is a perfect way to create delectable flavors of restaurant-style pizza night in the comfort of your own home. I am always looking for effortless ways to make restaurant-style meals at home. And this Greek Flatbread Pizza tops the list of such culinary delights.
I am so excited to share my delectable creation of Greek pizza pie , that combines the rich flavors of Mediterranean cuisine with the classic pizza concept. It offers a refreshing taste of Greece to transport you to the sun-soaked shores of the Mediterranean.
Greek pizza boasts an array of flavors that tantalize the taste buds. The base is usually a thin and crispy crust, perfectly baked to provide a delightful crunch. The toppings showcase the essence of Greek cuisine, including ingredients such as feta cheese, Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, artichokes, and aromatic herbs like oregano and basil.
These ingredients come together harmoniously, creating a medley of savory, tangy, and earthy flavors that are sure to leave you wanting more.
Whether you’re hosting a casual gathering or seeking a quick weeknight dinner, this pizza is a crowd-pleaser. For a casual gathering, consider serving Greek pizza as part of a Mediterranean-themed buffet along with Mezze Platter.
Pizza Crust : I am using store-bought dough or pizza crust for a quick meal. You can also use Pita bread or Naan as a base. You can also make pizza dough base from scratch, however, it will significantly add to the time it makes.
Cheese : I am using shredded mozzarella cheese and crumbled feta cheese in this recipe. It create nice a cheesy pizza with nutty and salty flavors.
Greek Pizza Toppings : My favorites are roasted red peppers, sweet Vidalia onions, grilled artichokes and Kalamata or black olives. You can also use variety of other toppings of your choices including red onions, sun dried tomatoes, grilled zucchini, baby spinach and others.
Seasonings : Minced garlic , fresh basil and oregano along with pesto sauce create wonderful savory flavors. I often use my Homemade Pesto Without Pine Nut sauce or Tomato Sauce but you can use your favorite pizza sauce as well.
How To Make
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit . Drizzle half the olive oil and spread a thin layer of pesto sauce over the surface of the pizza crust.
Distribute the all the Mediterranean pizza toppings – chopped Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, onions, and roasted red peppers over the cheese. Sprinkle dried oregano, minced garlic and salt, and pepper over the toppings.
Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and crumbled feta cheese on top. Drizzle rest of the olive oil. Carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated baking stone or pizza pan in the oven.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crisp. Remove the Greek pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. I prefer to use baking rack to make crispy crust.
After baking add sprinkle of fresh basil or oregano on top. Slice the Greek pizzas and serve hot. Enjoy! Kali Orexi !!
For an extra crispy crust, preheat the pizza stone or pizza pan in the oven for at least 10 minutes before baking the pizza. Use pizza crust at room temperature.
Make sure to drain all liquids of olives, artichokes and red peppers. You do not want soggy pizza.
Customize this Greek pizza recipe by adding other ingredients like caramelized onions, or grilled eggplant. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the pizza before serving for added flavor.
Serve the Greek pizza with a side of tzatziki sauce, hummus or Greek salad for a complete Mediterranean experience. It also goes well with Meditararian Cucumber salad, house salad or Quinoa Salad. For a cozy dinner at home, accompany the pizza with a glass of red wine and a side of garlic bread.
While enjoying Greek pizza at your favorite pizzeria is a treat, preparing it at home can be equally satisfying. Similar to my Naan Pizza and Pesto Naan Pizza, this easy pizza recipe is super simple yet incredibly flavorful and cozy.
I must admit, we rarely have any leftovers of this pizza because it is Soo Good !! If you find yourself with leftover Greek pizza, proper storage is crucial to maintain its quality. To maximize freshness, wrap the pizza tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Alternatively, place individual slices in airtight containers.
Store the pizza in the refrigerator for up to three days. When reheating, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and bake the pizza for about 10 minutes or until heated through. This method ensures the flavors remain intact, allowing you to savor the Greek pizza experience once again.
Prepare Greek Pizza with your favorite toppings. Air Fry it at 375 F for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from Air Fryer and let it rest on the grill for few minutes. Then cut it and enjoy.
❤ If you make this ProfusionCurry Recipe, do let us know how you like it by ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Star Rating and commenting below ! ❤
- 1 Large Ready Made Pizza Crust or 4 Pita or Naan Breads
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup pizza sauce I used pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic optional
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives sliced
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts chopped
- ¼ cup Roasted red peppers sliced
- 1 small sweet onion sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano or Greek Seasoning
- Fresh oregano basil or parsley leaves , for garnish
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit . Drizzle half the olive oil and spread a thin layer of pesto sauce over the surface of the pizza crust.
- Distribute the chopped Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, onions, and roasted red peppers over the cheese. Sprinkle dried oregano, minced garlic and salt, and pepper over the toppings.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and crumbled feta cheese on top. Drizzle rest of the olive oil.
- Carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated baking stone or pizza pan in the oven. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crisp. Remove the Greek pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. I prefer to use baking rack to make crispy crust.
- After baking add sprinkle of fresh basil or oregano on top. Slice the Greek pizzas and serve hot. Enjoy! Kali Orexi !!
How to Air Fry Greeak Pizza
- Prepare Greek Pizza with your favorite toppings as described in steps 1-3 . Air Fry it at 375 F for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from Air Fryer and let it rest on the grill for few minutes. Then cut it and enjoy.