1 cup packed kale leaves
1 teaspoon red chili flakes ( more if you like spicy)
2 tbsp. chopped Cilantro
2 tbsp. chopped onions
Juice of ½ Lemon/Lime
Himalayan pink salt as needed
¼ teaspoon baking soda ( optional) * see note below
No Fry Black Gram Kale Fritters ( Urad-Kale Appe )
- 1 cup urad dal black gram , washed and soaked for at least 4-5 hours
- 1 cup packed kale leaves
- ½ inch ginger and 1 Green Chili for grinding with dal
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes more if you like spicy
- 2 tbsp. chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped onions
- Juice of ½ Lemon/Lime
- Himalayan pink salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda optional * see note below
- Grind the soaked Urad Daal, Kale leaves, ginger and green chili to smooth paste.
- You will need to add 1 cup of water while grinding. The mixture should be not be too thick and should come out of spoon easily. So adjust the water accordingly. Add all other seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up Appe pan and add drops of oil in each cavity. Put spoonful of mixture in each cavity of the Appe pan, cover and cook on medium heat. Check to make sure they are golden brown on the bottom , carefully flip with the bbq stick, put little ghee/oil on other side and continue to cook til they are golden brown on the other side too.
- Serve the appe warm with your favorite Chutney or sauce. Very versatile in use , you can serve it as appetizers -hors d’oeuvres . Great figure food your kids will love. You can pack in lunch in warm thermos. Pack the chutney or the sauce separately so the appe don’t turn soggy !
♥We would love to hear your feedback . Do let us know how you like this Black Gram-Kale Fritters post by leaving a comment and rating it so other readers know it too. And while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #profusioncurry on Instagram! We love seeing what you come up with. Cheers, friends !!
Indian | Recipe Type: Party Appetizer, Snacks, Breakfast, School lunches
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.