Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks
Air Fryer cabbage steak with chimichurri sauce is low carb, low calorie, vegan, gluten free and soy free recipe. This air-fryer recipe makes an easy budget friendly filling meal.
- 1 green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika for each cabbage steak piece
- ⅛ teaspoon onion for each cabbage steak piece
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder for each cabbage steak piece
Optional Garnishes / Toppings
- 1 teaspoon chives or parsley for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Chimichurri Sauce for topping
- Lemon wedges
How To Air Fry Cabbage Steaks?
Pour a ¼ cup of water under the basket or drip tray. Then preheat the air fryer at 360 degree Fahrenheit. ( about 3 minutes)
Slice the cabbage in ¾" thick steaks. Put cabbage steaks on the air fryer basket. Brush with butter or olive oil, then rub the seasoning on top. Put the basket in the air fryer.
Set the air fryer at 360 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Halfway through, flip the steaks upside down, brush the top side with oil and seasoning and cook further.
Cabbage steaks should be well done in 10 minutes. You can cook them 2 more minutes if you want them a little more toasted.
Serve with Cilantro Chimichurri sauce, lemon wedges and chopped parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to Grill Cabbage Steaks?
How to Oven bake Cabbage steaks?
Store - Place leftover cabbage steaks in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat - Reheat the steaks in the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees F for about 4 minutes. You can also microwave them for one minute.
Freeze - If you must, cabbage steaks can be frozen in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. However the texture will significantly change when you thaw it.
How to Cut Cabbage Steaks
- Remove the two outermost leaves of the cabbage head. Also tear off any dark and loose leaves.
- Put it sideways on the cutting board, cut off the bottom which is the tough root part of the cabbage. This should flatten the base.
- Cut the cabbage head from top to bottom, making roughly ¾ thick slices. I prefer to cut one side and work my way around to the other side. You can also cut it in the middle and then cut one more thick portion to make 4 steaks.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 365mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g