Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers with cheese are the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer. This delightful recipe is loaded with flavor and so easy to make.
Similar to Zucchini Fritters, Fried Pickles and Smashed Potatoes, these Stuffed Sweet baby peppers are perfect non fried appetizer or snack made in air fryer. They are full of crispy crunchy texture and scrumptious taste.
Stuffed Sweet Bell Pepper Recipe
All you need is 5 basic ingredients to make these super delicious air roasted peppers. Bright and colorful peppers are filled with cheese, taco seasoning, and potatoes then baked / air fried till melty and delicious!
Potatoes make this recipe more filling and taco seasoning adds extra zesty flavor. This is the BEST air fryer stuffed pepper recipe you will make on repeat.
This easy, 20-minute recipe is gluten free. You can use air fryer, grill or oven to make it. These vegetarian stuffed peppers are healthy since only couple mists of oil spray is used in making them.
Easy Snack / Appetizer Recipe
This gourmet recipe is perfect for game day snacking and tailgating. Great for an easy dinner, side dish, or party platter. And it is a crowd pleaser for summer gatherings like BBQ, picnic and potlucks.
You will also notice, kids love this recipe. So, it is a great way to get the whole family to eat more veggies!
These stuffed peppers have hearty filling which is loaded with flavors and texture. The spicy, creamy stuffing is perfect contrast to the sweet crunchy peppers! It’s love at first bite ..
Sweet Mini Bell Peppers
I simply love these little sweet peppers. I always buy them in a bag from Trader Joe’s. So bright and beautiful, they are instant mood boosters.
They are great for snacking especially with hummus. I add them in salads and other dinner recipes, and of course love them for stuffing recipes.
The mini bell peppers are excellent for stuffing. They hold their shape well and the flavor is subtle enough to go well with just about anything.
These peppers have a bit of sweet crunch when eaten raw. They cook quickly and soften up nicely. I love them slightly charred.
We use shredded Pepper Jack cheese for stuffing. It adds tad bit spicy taste. But feel free to swap in any other melty cheese that you have on hand.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is adaptable to your taste and preferences. This is our classic recipe—once you master it, feel free to start experimenting
- Swap for jalapeno or sweet banana peppers
- Skip potatoes and use only cheese and bread crumbs
- Change up taco seasoning to other flavors like Italian or Masala.
Nothing fancy or complicated here, just fresh, flavorful food tossed and layered together and baked / grilled until perfectly tender and tasty.
Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here’s what I used
- Multi Color Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
- Boiled Mashed Potatoes
- Taco Seasoning
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Fresh Garlic
- Oil Spray
How To Make
Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them smooth
Wash the peppers and pat dry them using paper towel. Using a knife, slit top side of each pepper lengthwise. I leave the stem.
If there are some seeds and membranes – remove those with your fingers or with a paring knife.
In a mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, minced garlic, cheese, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix the stuffing nicely.
Using a spoon, fill each pepper cavity with the stuffing.
Lightly spray some oil over the stuffed peppers. Arrange them in single layer on air fryer basket or baking sheet. Don’t over crowd.
Bake/Grill/air fry as per choice. The peppers are done in 8-10 minutes. They are done when they nicely sizzle and get some char.
Serve Hot. Enjoy !
Baking / Air Frying Time and Temperature
- If making in the Oven : Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes
- Cooking on Grill : Heat the grill and cook for 10 minutes.
- If using Air Fryer : Air Fry the Sweet Spicy Mini Peppers for 10 minutes at 375°F
Don’t forget to take pictures when you make our delicious recipes. Tag us with #profusioncurry on Instagram ! We would love to feature your creation.
Join us on Pinterest and FACEBOOK . You will love all our delicious, wholesome, plant based recipes from around the world.
★ If you make this STUFFED MINI BELL PEPPERS RECIPE do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers with Cheese
- 12-14 sweet mini peppers chosse multi colored peppers
- 4-5 medium potatoes- boiled and mashed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ cup pepper Jack cheese
- Salt per taste
- 1 tablespoon oil or oil spray
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them.
- Wash the peppers and pat dry them using paper towel. Using a knife, slit top side of each pepper lengthwise. I leave the stem for easier pick up. If there are some seeds and membranes – remove those with your fingers or with a paring knife.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, minced garlic, cheese, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix the stuffing nicely.
- Using a spoon, fill each pepper cavity with the stuffing. Lightly spray some oil over the stuffed peppers.
- Arrange them in single layer on air fryer basket or baking sheet. Don't over crowd. Bake/Grill/air fry as per choice. The peppers are done in 8-10minutes. They are done when they nicely sizzle and get some char. Serve Hot.
minutes at 375° Fahrenheit If Cooking in Oven : Preheat oven to 350°F, bake for 10-15 minutes If Cooking on Grill : Pre heat the grill for 5 minutes. Use Cast Iron Skillet and grill for 5-8 minutes.
Other Appetizer Recipes
- Cheese Potato Poppers
- Zucchini Blossom Fritters
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Paneer Tacos
- Chili Garlic Edamame
Favorite Recipes With Peppers
- Stuffed Pepper Soup Vegan, Instant Pot
- Indian Style Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- Grilled Shishito Peppers and Corn