Mexican Street Corn Salad is based on the popular ‘Elote’ recipe. Succulent sweet corn smothered in a spicy, creamy dressing and topped with vibrant, spicy and tangy flavors! Utterly butterly delicious !! You will LOVE this easy Crowd Pleaser Recipe.
I always loved the street style corn they sell at the baseball games. These family game outings with kids were so much fun. Both our ball parks in Chicago had this amazing corn salad which vendors would sell in a cup. And I literally could eat a few of those in one sitting.
Essentially ‘Elote’ is grilled corn on the cob that’s dressed up with various toppings. I’ve always replicated the recipe at home. However, eating corn off the cob straight especially when you are sitting down and eating at the table can be tricky and messy. So, I scrap the kernels off the cob and then make it into a simple salad. That helps to make it look elegant and classy.
As I was exploring my ways around cooking , I found out about Elote , Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites in Spanish). It was easy recipe to make and simply irresistible. I decided to tweak the recipe and make it into easy to serve summer salad.
To make this favorite summer dish, start off with steamed corn. Add in dash of mayo, lemon or lime juice, red chili powder and pinch of salt ! A sprinkle of cheese …because everything tastes amazing with it !! And be ready for flavor fiesta ! There is just something magical about this spicy, sweet and tangy refreshing salad.
Seasonal Summer Corn Recipe
Summer months are so full of life. I love going to farmer’s market for fresh produce and flowers. It’s such a charming environment to mingle and float around breathing in fresh air and celebrating nature. I always admire and respect the farmers who work soo hard to bring us the freshest produce.
Farmer’s market near me has often a stall that sells and some freshest produce straight from the farm. They sell super sweet, organic, non GMO corn on the cob and needless to say , I am their repeat customer. Succulent, sweeter than candy corn is just too good.
Then we make this luscious salad with it. I often steam the corn after shucking off the outer layers. I used to do in pot covered with boiling water and salt. Now I use Instant Pot. Corn on the cob steams quickly and retains it’s moisture.
You will love this Summer Corn Salad Recipe because it is
Delicious with pops of vibrant flavors.
Perfect for summer dinners, barbeques, picnics, Potlucks and tailgating
Super quick and easy to make.
Perfect Recipe For the Crowd
This corn dish is super easy to make. It would be perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration. It’s always a hit at summer gatherings and back yard barbecues. Especially great during the summer months, when corn on the cob is in full season and abundant.
However, you can use canned corn or frozen corn to make this recipe any time you crave street style corn. It makes the perfect accompaniment to any Tex-Mex dish, any time of year!
This recipe is perfect for a crowd. Easy, delicious and worth repeating. I often make it for game day parties. Succulent corn and yummy spices bring folks back at it again and again. You can serve it warm or cold depending upon when you are serving it.
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon /lime juice
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- ½ teaspoon Chile Lime Seasoning or Tajin Seasoning
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cotija or Queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled – optional
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Street Corn Salad at home?
Cook the corn – I prefer to cook it in InstantPot. Put 1 cup of water in Instant Pot. Place the steamer in the main pot and arrange the corn on the cob. Close the lid , vent sealed. Press Manual high 4 mins. Let NPR for 5 mins and then release the leftover pressure. Remove from cob and set aside.
Shuck the corn kernels off the cob by holding it upright and carefully running the knife from top to bottom. It feels difficult do at first but kernels come off easily.
Place onions, jalapeno pieces, mayonnaise, chile lime seasoning, cilantro and lemon (or lime) juice into a large bowl. Mix everything well using a fork. Add the corn kernels. Fold in to combine. Serve in the cup garnished with lime wedges and chopped cilantro leaves.
If you prefer, you can use the grill to char the corn cobs instead. Or you can boil the cobs in a covered stock pot submerged in water for 10-15 mins. You can even use bagged cooked corn when fresh corn isn’t easily available.
We would love to hear your feedback . Do let us know how you like this post by leaving a comment and rating it so other readers know it too. And while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #profusioncurry on the Instagram! We love seeing what you come up with. Cheers, friends !
OUR POPULAR SUMMER FOOD RECIPES.
- ITALIAN SUMMER PASTA SALAD
- GREEK FRESH PASTA SALAD
- CREAMY LEMON BASIL PASTA
- THAI ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- EGGROLL IN A BOWL
- INSTANT POT ZUCCHINI BREAD
- MANGO PEACH SALSA
- INSTANT POT SWEET ICE TEA
- FRESH SPRING ROLLS
- HOMEMADE GAZPACHO
- TOMATO PEACH CAPRESE
♥ Follow us on PINTEREST and like our FACEBOOK page. We love creating delicious, plant based recipes from around the world. DO JOIN US ♥
We would love to hear your feedback!! Use the PIN button in the recipe card or image below to pin this recipe !
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 3 cups corn kernels about 4 ears, cut from the cob
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 Tablespoon cotija or queso fresco or feta cheese crumbled
- ½ teaspoon [ Chile lime seasoning or Tajin seasoning or red pepper flakes ]
- ½ cup handful cilantro leaves chopped optional
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Cook the corn – I prefer to cook it in Instant Pot. Put 1 cup of water in Instant Pot. Place the steamer in the main pot and arrange the corn on the cob. Close the lid , vent sealed. Press Manual high 4 mins. Let NPR for 5 mins and then release the leftover pressure. Remove from cob and set aside.
- Alternatively, you can boil the corn in large covered stockpot filled with boiled water for 10 minutes. Let it cool it a bit and then remove the kernels.
- Shuck the corn kernels off the cob by holding it upright and carefully running the knife from top to bottom. It feels difficult do at first but kernels come off easily.
- Place onion, mayonnaise, chile lime seasoning, cilantro and lemon ( or lime) juice into a large bowl. Mix everything well using a fork.
- Add the corn kernels. Add the cheese. Fold in to combine. Serve in the cup garnished with lime wedges and chopped cilantro.