Coming into the winter months, it’s always a good idea to switch things up a bit to warm up your body and get on that comfort food zone. at least my version of comfort food ?
I’ve been focusing on warm cooked vegetables instead of raw. Also, healthy fats like avocados, coconuts and pumpkin seeds!
- 3 cups green beans (I prefer French cut style frozen) or fresh cut French style
- 1 cup frozen shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 10 curry leaves
- pinch of asafodita
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala ( curry powder)
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- Heat the oil and sauté the cumin seeds, and mustard seeds till they begin to pop.
- Add Asafodita and curry leaves, sauté for a minute.
- Add the cut green beans , coat and sauté it well. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 mins on low to medium heat..
- Add the shredded coconut. Sauté well. Cover and continue to cook for 5 mins on low to medium heat.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder and salt to taste.
- Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are combined, stirring intermittently.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.