Classic Stuffed Mushrooms are one of the BEST party appetizers! Mushroom caps filled with flavorful bread crumbs and cheese stuffing are super delicious. This party favorite recipe can be made in air fryer or in the oven. You will LOVE this scrumptious finger food recipe !
These stuffed mushrooms are one of those quick and easy appetizers. This also is super popular amongst adults and kids alike. They are perfect for week night dinners, gamedays, TV marathons or book club gatherings. It is always the first thing gone. I get many recipe requests from guests and they can’t believe how easy it is to make them.
There are many different things you can use in stuffing. I like to keep it simple and to the point. 5 ingredients and 20 minutes is all you need to make these Ultra Delicious Stuffed Mushroom Caps!
YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE :
- Easy & quick
- Uses pantry staple ingredients
- Gluten free
- Appetizer / snack /finger food
- Popular Party Food
- Simple Ingredients Big Flavors recipe
Most Italian Restaurants serve complimentary bread basket and dipping oil when you are seated. That combo is one of my favorite. The stuffing for this recipe mimics that combination. It is simply irresistible.
I love mushrooms since childhood. When we were young, I was often mesmerized by the pictures of little snails resting under beautiful mushroom caps. Gives you such a dreamy vibes, isn’t it? Fairytales are fun and so good for happy souls !!
So no wonder, I love cooking with mushrooms in all forms and combinations.
One of my favorite finger foods to grab at a party are stuffed mushrooms. With this easy recipe, it is a breeze to make an appetizer that is the hit at any party. Add a little decoration around the serving platter and you have a winner!!
EASY PARTY PREP / MEAL PLANNING
When I am meal planning, a critical must have in any recipe is that it shouldn’t take too long to prepare or to cook. I like to get most of my food prep done in the morning or the night before the big party.
This recipe is very easy to prepare ahead of time. Prepare everything except air frying / baking them in the morning, cover and refrigerate until ready. Then toss them in the oven just before the party. Your delectable hors d’oeuvre are ready while you get ready !!
When they pass around trays of Stuffed mushrooms, they always seemed fancy and difficult to make. But I love eating them so much. So I tried making them the first time and I realized that it isn’t difficult at all. I am sure you will do it too.
I love preparing gourmet food with ease. This recipe is perfect for everyday weeknight dinners as well. My family also loves it as an appetizer for our dinner at home over a glass of vino!
AIR FRYER / OVEN MADE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
You can use air fryer or the oven to make these mushrooms. The goal is to get mushrooms nicely baked and stuffing crispy. Mushrooms release water as they cook. So I prefer to make it in air fryer as it nicely dries them quickly and evenly.
These stuffed mushrooms are perfect vegetarian party food ideal for potlucks, birthdays, brunches and casual snacking. This scrumptious recipe is a winner all around !
HOW TO PREPARE MUSHROOMS FOR STUFFING
Start off by washing the mushrooms clean under cold water. I have seen several chefs just wipe them off with paper towel. I don’t feel clean that way. I clean them well under cold water and pat dry completely in paper towel. So no more black soil on them. The water content of the mushrooms is incredibly high so make sure to dry them off well.
The next step is to remove the stems from the mushrooms. The trick is to loosen the stem first to make a cavity. I do this by working my way around the base of the stem and gently pushing against the stem. You’ll hear a little popping sound and feel it come loose. This is easy once you’ve practiced on a few. Save the stems to make the vegetable broth if you wish.
- MUSHROOMS : I use big white button mushrooms. Clean them up and remove the stem and prepare the cavity for filling.
- STUFFING : I am using Panko Style Bread Crumbs ( gluten free ), Minced Garlic, Grated Parmesan Cheese , Italian Seasoning Blend, Salt and Pepper.
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL : Use quality olive oil. You can also use oil spray for easy misting.
- GARNISHES : Fresh herbs like basil or parsley can be sprinkled over baked mushrooms. To add a hint of spice, dust red pepper flakes ( optional)
AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS:
Prepare the mushrooms by washing, drying and removing their stems. Clean out the cavity.
Prepare the stuffing by mixing everything together. Using a spoon or your fingers, stuff the mushroom caps with stuffing.
Spray the stuffed mushrooms with oil spray. Arrange them on air fryer basket in a single layer. Choose Air Fry / Bake option at 350°F temperature and set the timer for 10 minutes. Check after it is done frying. Use another 5 minutes if needed. The mushrooms should be browned and cheese on top should be golden crispy.
Remove the tray from the air fryer. Let it cool down for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh garnishes . Bon Appetite!!
OVEN INSTRUCTIONS :
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare the mushrooms by washing, drying and removing their stems. Clean out the cavity.
Prepare the stuffing by mixing all other ingredients together. Using a spoon or your fingers, stuff the mushroom caps with stuffing.
Arrange them on baking tray or dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of each mushroom. Drizzle the oil. Pop the tray in the oven on the middle rack. Let them bake for about 15 minutes. The cheese should be golden brown on top.
Remove the tray from the oven. Let it cool down for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh garnishes . Bon Appetite!!
TRY THESE EASY AND DELICIOUS SNACK / APPETIZER RECIPES FROM OUR KITCHEN.
- Chili Garlic Edamame
- Super Delicious Nachos
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Healthy Apple Nachos
- Grilled Shishito Peppers
- Greek Tzatziki Dip
- Baked Kale Chips
- Crispy Aloo Tikki – Potato Fritters
- Vegan Olive Tapenade
- Potato Cheese Poppers
Join us on Pinterest and FACEBOOK . You will love all our delicious, wholesome, plant based recipes from around the world.
★ If you make this STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE do let us know how you like it by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound white button mushrooms -about 16 count stems removed
- Fresh herbs like basil or parsley, red pepper flakes
Prepare Mushrooms For Stuffing
- Prepare the mushrooms by washing, drying and removing their stems. Clean out the cavity.
Prepare the Stuffing
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing all listed ingredients together. Using a spoon or your fingers, stuff the mushroom caps with stuffing.
How To Make Stuffed Mushrooms in Air Fryer
- Spray the stuffed mushrooms with oil spray. Arrange them on air fryer basket in a single layer. Choose Air Fry / Bake option at 350°F and set the timer for 10 minutes. Check after it is done frying. Use another 5 minutes if needed. The mushrooms should be browned and cheese on top should be golden crispy.
- Remove the tray from the air fryer. Let it cool down for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh garnishes . Bon Appetite!!
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms in Oven
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange prepared stuffed mushrooms on a baking tray. Sprinkle cheese on top of each mushroom. Drizzle the oil. Pop the tray in the oven on the middle rack. Let them bake for about 15 minutes. The cheese should be golden brown on top.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Let it cool down for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh garnishes . Bon Appetite!!