1.5 tbsp. oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste,
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 hard boiled eggs
1 egg- to scramble ( called burji in Hindi)
2 eggs- to make sunny side up
Salt- to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a cast iron pan. I prefer to use Lodge Cast Iron pan. Add chopped onions. Once onions get translucent, add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- In bowl, add eggs, whisk well and set aside.
- Add tomatoes. Sauté and then add turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala. Let tomatoes soften. Add the whisked egg in the in the mixture to make scrambled eggs.
- Once done add hard boiled eggs and mix well. Add salt as per your taste.
- In a separate pan, make sunny side up eggs with 2 eggs. For this, add little oil on the pan, break the eggs, cover with lid for 1 minute. Let the egg settle. Turn off the heat.
- Serve the sunny side eggs over the scrambled and boiled eggs veggie mixture ! And your “confused eggs” are ready !
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and green chilies. Serve hot with toast, bread , roti or tortilla! Admire your creation and devour ??